GEOSATpro Can't get stereo audio out of AV port

DJ Rob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Denver, Colorado
I bought a couple of the accessory cables so I could use the "AV out" of my MicroHD for my slingbox because there wasn't any in the box. But I'm only getting audio out of the right channel.
Is it supposed to be stereo?

I've tried 2 different brand 3.5mm male cables that go to yellow (video), red (right audio) and white (left audio) rca males.
Is there a specific cable I need to get?

YES! Most cable plugs are too short. The short ones will not give stereo and usually will not show color on the video. I checked mine today. The one I have been trying to the timers set up has the long plug and the plug works fine. Good Video and stereo audio. BUT when I opened the other one ... a short plug. it will not work. (1/4 inch difference). I wonder if they have a mixed box on the packing line. I am 99% sure I had not opened the box and gotten them swapped, so I will order some new ones, cause that 1%.... I want to have several places set up, any way, so I will not worry about 1 extra. I can use this wrong cable for the DVD player, as it fits and works there OK.

First thing, are you using the composite cable that came with the MicroHD? Those style of cables do not have any standard for wiring, so you need the one that came with the receiver as others most probably are wired different. If so, check it make sure the channel you are on is broadcast in stereo, and you have it chosen in the audio menu

First thing, are you using the composite cable that came with the MicroHD? Those style of cables do not have any standard for wiring, so you need the one that came with the receiver as others most probably are wired different. If so, check it make sure the channel you are on is broadcast in stereo, and you have it chosen in the audio menu

I didn't get a composite cable with the MicroHD. So I'm trying to use one like this.
41Dno4k3RjL.jpg

I have made sure to be on a channel that is in stereo and verified it through the HDMI output. I get audio through the white rca. Video comes through the yellow and nothing is coming from the red rca. I bought 2 different brands of these cables and I get the same result.

I didn't get a composite cable with the MicroHD. So I'm trying to use one like this.
View attachment 81687

I have made sure to be on a channel that is in stereo and verified it through the HDMI output. I get audio through the white rca. Video comes through the yellow and nothing is coming from the red rca. I bought 2 different brands of these cables and I get the same result.

I haven't been successful in finding any other cable that works with the MicroHD, they are all broken out differently. I did make one workby cutting wires, and resoldering differently. Brian did post a wiring diagram here somewhere that shows how the Micro's is broken out. Let me see if I can find it.

Oh, and you should have received a cable in the same box the Micro came in. If not, ask Brian for one as that's your best solution. The Micro's cable has a much longer bottom ring on it.

Ok, found the post with the pdf file showing the breakout of the cable: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/291306-Composite-cable?p=2957381#post2957381

Try asking Pismire which specific cable he bought. Looks like he found one that works: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/291306-Composite-cable?p=2961623#post2961623

Last edited:
All microHD receivers are provided with a composite av cable. If your unit was missing the AV cable, please immediately contact your reseller.

Many resellers are updating to the most recent firmware before shipping and may have accidentally not repackaged the AV breakout cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)