Can't get the new HD...but can't go EA either...what are my options?

Now I'm disgusted. I just spoke with a "Partner Helpdesk Subject Matter Expert (an Escalations Team)" person and he told me (1) my SD locals are on 61.5 (which I believe is untrue) and that (2) the only way for me to get the new channels is to pay for an upgrade to EA and sing a 24 month commitment.

He was telling me that it was fair for me to pay and commit, as I need to upgrade my SD receivers to HD. He did not understand that I don't have HDTV's there and could care less if I have SD or HD receivers, the only reason I need the upgrade is to get the channels that I already pay for.

His response to this was that I already get those channels in SD. DOESN'T HE KNOW I ALREADY KNOW THAT? I want the channels in HD, as they are included in the programming I pay for, but he tells me that I have to pay for the upgrade, and this is fair.

I pointed out to him that I already paid to upgrade to HD when I got my HDTV - I had to pay for my 722 and new dish. He said this is different, now I have to pay to have an upgrade to the "new signal system," and it's fair for me to pay as I will be upgrading all rooms to HD now.

But I don't have HD in those rooms!

He also told me that there's nothing else Executive Resolutions can do, but I'm still going to pursue it. Either they help me or I go to DirecTV. We'll see how much they want their customers.

You could do what I did, to solve my problems with Dish over the Sabres Games in SD and lack of Yankees games in any form on Dish.

Since you most likely have Roadrunner already for internet; TWC made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The equivalent of ATT250, plus platiumn HD, with an HD DVR and an additional HD Reciever, along with Roadrunner for $85 a month for year one, $95 amonth for year two. Price guaranteed with no commitment on my part.

I guess it was a smart move on my part. Perhaps Dish will have their act straightened out by time my two year pricing deal is up in the fall of 2011. I miss my 722 receiver, however I love the Buffalo Sabres and Yankees games in HD.

First try the 61.5/72.7 with a Dish500, it's your cheapest solution.

With the DPP44 leave the other Dish500 on 110/119 and you should have what you need and tell Dish to screw itself.

Now I'm disgusted. I just spoke with a "Partner Helpdesk Subject Matter Expert (an Escalations Team)" person and he told me (1) my SD locals are on 61.5 (which I believe is untrue) and that (2) the only way for me to get the new channels is to pay for an upgrade to EA and sing a 24 month commitment.

If you're in Buffalo, call Intertech (local installer) and see what they can do. I've always found them to be very knowledgeable.

Last time I checked with Intertech, they said I need 2 dishes in Buffalo to get HD and locals but that was 2 years ago. Things may have changed since then but Intertech should be able to help you more than DISH CSRs.

Do you still need to connect the dual tuner recievers to a phone line?

Excellent Dish repair experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)