Status
Please reply by conversation.

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
Hey everyone,

Just acquired a Canadian DSR-410DS that was previously used on Shaw Direct. Unit ID on back sticker matches what's in the diagnostics screen so battery is good. It had the 4128 EMM provider so I proceeded with an authorization reset which does change the EMM provider from 4128 to 0. I have a lock when doing a manual tune to frequency 1430 but the EMM refuses to change from 0 to 4160 when adding the guide and MTV PAK on WEBSAMS and doing Activate Services and Rehit. I even did the 7 step process and it still does not work.

This is the same behaviour as my DSR-405, also an old Star Choice unit. Is it possible that there's some kind of lock on certain 410 receivers to prevent them from accepting another EMM provider? When doing a Factory reset, the EMM provider reverts to 4128 which is what Shaw Direct uses.

Regards,

PwrSurge

Hey everyone,

Just acquired a Canadian DSR-410DS that was previously used on Shaw Direct. Unit ID on back sticker matches what's in the diagnostics screen so battery is good. It had the 4128 EMM provider so I proceeded with an authorization reset which does change the EMM provider from 4128 to 0. I have a lock when doing a manual tune to frequency 1430 but the EMM refuses to change from 0 to 4160 when adding the guide and MTV PAK on WEBSAMS and doing Activate Services and Rehit. I even did the 7 step process and it still does not work.

This is the same behaviour as my DSR-405, also an old Star Choice unit. Is it possible that there's some kind of lock on certain 410 receivers to prevent them from accepting another EMM provider? When doing a Factory reset, the EMM provider reverts to 4128 which is what Shaw Direct uses.

Regards,

PwrSurge

Did you do a Master Reset?
Then put on ch 204?
Then a authorization reset?

in most cases...yes

I had a 410 that had the old X4 maps but when I MR and tried 204 it wouldnt take a hit. Worked fine on the Shaw system maps though

You may have to get the number cleared with SRL. Sometimes there is an issue with other universe receivers. Call SRL and have them clear it, it's free now.

I have a couple Starchoice receivers here that I've been tinkering with. I haven't put more than 30 mins worth of effort into it yet, but I haven't been able to convert either one. I've manually tuned to the correct freq, etc, left it overnight - still no go.

I have a couple Starchoice receivers here that I've been tinkering with. I haven't put more than 30 mins worth of effort into it yet, but I haven't been able to convert either one. I've manually tuned to the correct freq, etc, left it overnight - still no go.

Shaw has there own series of UA numbers that Motorola would need to clear to operate on H2H. Unless it's a 410 they won't allow it. A firmware update shouldn't be needed though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)