Carbon UI Suggestions Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wish they would add the channel logo back to the top left hand corner of the screen, rather than the current program that is currently airing, also I wish they would make the font bigger and bolder that says the channel name.

It would also be nice if there were an option to make the font a bit bigger and bolder, so it would be a little easier to see.

Add "What's Hot" back to the Guide or at least make it one of the options in the 'hot' button (Options) when in the guide. In the guide is the most logical place for it. Yes, I know it's still available under "Menu".

Folks, Dish isn't changing the guide. It was decided a long time ago how to do the layout and has been coded that way for almost a year now (when we first saw the UI).

Also, the guide does show (3) hours. It doesn't show the full 'block' for the 3rd hour, but the show title is all visible. Actually, I guess it's more like 2-1/2 hours. If the show in the first 1/2 hour of the last hour is only 30-minutes long, no, you can't see the next program.

The DRV schedule page is a mess. You cant really track what day you are on as you dive in, and the red square around the box with a red icon makes it hard to track. To much red on red.

Can't determine location on Weather app.

The banner at the bottom of the guide is too big. And cant be switched off.

Keeps reminding me the battery is low on my remote. Wish I could turn that off.

I really dig the UI. Looks great on my 4k TV. Works great on my wireless Joey. Now I am really excited for the final version.

Thanks for letting us take a sneak peek and end the endless conversations about if the Carbon UI even exists for Hopper 2.

Reactions: peggy97850
The DRV schedule page is a mess. You cant really track what day you are on as you dive in, and the red square around the box with a red icon makes it hard to track. To much red on red.

Keeps reminding me the battery is low on my remote. Wish I could turn that off.

I really dig the UI. Looks great on my 4k TV. Works great on my wireless Joey. Now I am really excited for the final version.

Thanks for letting us take a sneak peek and end the endless conversations about if the Carbon UI even exists for Hopper 2.
Changing the battery probably would turn off the reminder. :)

Same here - it says it will open the app in full-screen where you can manually input your location, but it never opens. I get an error with the Weather Nation app as well.
Since everything is new, I kinda like the "tips" being shown. After 2-3 weeks of using it though, if not sooner, I won't be interested or need those tips and wouldn't definitely want to remove the banner. It's one of the first things I do when I get a new receiver.

My remote is a Harmony One and the battery level is like at half, and that's fine because the thing lasts forever. Don't like seeing the yellow battery indicator every time I do some thing with the UI. Love to turn it OFF.

Changing the battery probably would turn off the reminder. :)

My remote is a Harmony One and the battery level is like at half, and that's fine because the thing lasts forever. Don't like seeing the yellow battery indicator every time I do some thing with the UI. Love to turn it OFF.
This came up with the non-Carbon UI software and what is going on is the receiver and the remote still try and talk to each other. The battery indicator is referring to the original Dish remote, not your Harmony remote, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm using an HOne also and, thank goodness, I haven't run into this problem. I have never had a DISH remote paired to this box.

Same here - it says it will open the app in full-screen where you can manually input your location, but it never opens. I get an error with the Weather Nation app as well.
Since everything is new, I kinda like the "tips" being shown. After 2-3 weeks of using it though, if not sooner, I won't be interested or need those tips and wouldn't definitely want to remove the banner. It's one of the first things I do when I get a new receiver.
As mentioned in post 1, some apps wont work correctly. :)

This came up with the non-Carbon UI software and what is going on is the receiver and the remote still try and talk to each other. The battery indicator is referring to the original Dish remote, not your Harmony remote, if I'm not mistaken.

Ok - I figured out how to remove it. Settings - Diagnostics - Receiver. Go to Unpair remote. Makes the battery icon turn green, and then no warnings!

Ok - I figured out how to remove it. Settings - Diagnostics - Receiver. Go to Unpair remote. Makes the battery icon turn green, and then no warnings!
I'd suggest leaving it on and using the original remote for keeping your settings backed up to it. I have an HOne and that's what I do.

Reactions: Bobby
an easy fix for this would be to unlink the original remote

ONE QUESTION in case I missed one.
Is all this Hoopla WORHT IT (CarbonUI)?

My 14-year old daughter described it as "soooo ugly".

It feels faster. The color scheme is much better than the bright-ass, backwards contrast of some of the elements. My favorite example of horrible design is the colors of the pop-up you get when resuming a recording that's been played back in more than one location. That is much, much better know. Plenty of other examples like that too.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts