CarPC implementation

Ineffigy

Original poster
Apr 1, 2006
I was interested in using this device to listen to XM or Sirius satellite radio in my CarPC. I currently use BeyondMedia as my interface which I program plugs using the .NET framework. I was wondering if there was a DLL with function and procedure headings or a .NET assembly that could be used to move this product into a new field of use. There are hundreds of CarPC users and having a programmable interface would definitly make CarPC use a more viable option.

Thanks!
Chris

Hi Chris- We sell our products on an OEM basis to numerous companies that specialize in Carputer installations. While we do not have a developer kit available for the general public we do have developer resources available for our partner companies.

I'm not sure where your situation fits - however, if you fall into the partner category - or would like to - drop me a PM and I can get you some detailed information on the program.

Thanks,

David K.

Just curious - how does this "Carputer" version manage to connect back to the TimeTrax servers to ensure that it is validly licensed?

And the deleted message said "No", as in there is no timetrax API that is available to the general public. Is that incorrect?

dkieffer - If I were in the business of developing car computer systems, then the partner program would probably be exactly what I am looking for. Since I am a hobbiest, is there anyway to get the header file for the DLLs that control the Sirius / XM device? I wouldn't require any support as all I would need is the header files. If this was a .NET assembly then I wouldn't require any additional information as I could read the headers right out of the assembly. The main purpose of writing my own player is that I would like to have a single interface with which to use in the car. Maybe I will PM you on the details of the partner program, but usually there will need to be quantitive agreements involved and I am only building one system.

Again, I hope I am not being a pest but this is the closest device out there that appears to fit my needs ... all I need is the header files. (Assuming the language is C++ which is most common for hardware development)

Again Thanks!
Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts