XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Since many of us use Harmony remotes, I think this might be interesting:

Logitech, which recently acquired Intrigue Technologies the maker of popular Harmony remotes, is presenting two new remotes at CEDIA-2004 EXPO: 676 (a hybrid of 659 and 688), and 680 (specifically designed and pre-configured for Media Center PC's):

In addition to new button layout, 676 features changeable colored faceplates.

As all Harmony remotes, 676 and 680 are easily programmable via web site and feature Smart State Technology that allows these remotes to remember the current state of each audio/video component and control them even when discrete codes are not available.

676 is already released (as of 9/10/2004) and will be shipping this month (MSRP $229 USD). 680 is not yet available: supposed to be released around October with MSRP around $199.

More pictures of 676:

Harmony_676.jpg

Anything on the new HTM Aurora or new Philips tablet like remote?

rudolpht said:
Anything on the new HTM Aurora or new Philips tablet like remote?
rudolpht, I dont' have any pictures, but here is a PR on Philips RC9800i.

I've been asked to post a higher resolution picture of Harmony 680. (Looks like we are the only web site in the Internet with its image so far... Cool!) Ok, here it is. Not very sharp, but that's all I've got: Harmony 676 and 680.

Can't help but notice that the 676, unlike the 659, has no up/down left/right buttons. So how does the unit navigate? I hope it isn't with a pseudo joystick. I have never seen one that worked very well.

It's the circle around the OK button. It works like a joystick. The same on my H688. It actually works well enough because the OK button moves separately from the circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts