Ceil 2 is Alive and Powerful

It looks like C-II's spots are being turned on now. Big changes from the other night at about the same time. Odessa, TX #'s
01-73
02-0
03-74
04-0
05-74
06-0
07-0
08-66
09-0
10-66
11-0
12-59
13-67
14-0
15-66
16-82
At least some of these are still conus, other are now spots. So how soon will it be figured out which spots are are pointed where?

Nothing to figure out... they already filed all the data with the FCC where all the beams are pointed at. So we do know where they are pointed at, only thing to figure out is the ID of each beam.

Last edited:
Question how long until all the HD channels that are on the old
129 satellite be transfered to the new Ciel 2 satellite?

hi there, hopefully i can get a clear answer cause DN havent really helped. Im in Bellingham, WA which is about 15 from the CDN border. I was hoping to have a 24" dish installed so I can pick up the HD nationals at 129...but many people have told me it will cut out and I will still need a 30" dish even with ciel 2....is this correct or will a 24" suffice?

ps. are my local channels currently on ciel2 and which TP?

hi there, hopefully i can get a clear answer cause DN havent really helped. Im in Bellingham, WA which is about 15 from the CDN border. I was hoping to have a 24" dish installed so I can pick up the HD nationals at 129...but many people have told me it will cut out and I will still need a 30" dish even with ciel 2....is this correct or will a 24" suffice?

Your locals should be on Ciel 2 at spot beam 4; Bellingham is in the dead center of that spot beam which covers also Seattle and Vancouver. Whether Dish is actually carrying the Bellingham locals at this time, I don't know. I think there is a list of all local DMAs carried by Dish somewhere, I just don't remember where I saw it. As i recall, Dish carries 195 out of 210 DMAs. You could ask the Dish CSR. So far as whether a 24" or 30" dish would be appropriate, one of your local installers would be able to tell you as soon as they have a little experience with the new Ciel 2 national wide beam signals.

222justin
I am on the Olympic Peninsula just Southwest of you and have a 24"' dish and I receive some of the HD nationals from the 129 sat and some from the 110 sat with the 18" dish 500. I receive the Seattle locals (No ABC for now but that's another thread) in HD on 110 and the SD Locals on 119 sat. The 129 HD channels crapped out about once an hour with the old sat, although since Ciel 2 went online I haven't had any problem. It is great to actually get through an entire Discovery HD show without having to switch back to the SD channel.

This may be a stupid question, but can I just point the dish I have pointing at 148 to 129? The one at 148 is pretty useless and I'd like to be ready when they start adding content for Alaska.

This may be a stupid question, but can I just point the dish I have pointing at 148 to 129? The one at 148 is pretty useless and I'd like to be ready when they start adding content for Alaska.

Point that sucker I'm curious to see what transponders you can lock on to.

It's going to be hard to point that thing without know what transponder to hunt for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts