CES 2013: Engadget Hands On with the Directv HR44!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Given the current status that they won't allow two HR34s on an account, I would expect that will remain the case.

I think they'll treat it as a "Genie Server", and one per account.

damn that's what i thought. thanks jay.......

Rey is always the Guinea pig.

I do agree that they should at least bring the hard drive up to 2 TB.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

When I can get my hands on one I'll give it a shot guys.unless someone else beats me to it 1st..

When I can get my hands on one I'll give it a shot guys.unless someone else beats me to it 1st..

I would love to get my hands on one if Rey you don't want to be the guinea pig for it I will :D ;):rolleyes::p:)

Given the current status that they won't allow two HR34s on an account, I would expect that will remain the case.

I think they'll treat it as a "Genie Server", and one per account.

I was hoping to order one from Value Electronics or Solid Signal when they come out and replace one of my HR24's with it and keep my HR34, I don't know why they limit it to one per account, seems kind of dumb. If you are willing to pay the full lease fee and accept a 2 year commitment they should activate what ever you want. I wonder if you contacted the executive customer service if they would activate more than one.

If it had a 2TB hard drive I'd be all over it. If you're going to give us 5 tuners where are we supposed to store all that stuff? Prime time viewing gives you time to watch maybe 4 hour long shows a night.

so, what the big deal with this one? its doesn't haven't anymore tuners then the 34, no bigger hard drive

I'd love to see an HR24 <-> HR44 speed comparison. It's one thing to boost the horsepower, it's another to get rubber to road.

I dont know if Engadget got that wrong or if DIRECTV changed the spec. I have seen a number of documents over the last 9 months and all of them I saw said it was a 3 tuner system.

I can promise you it has 5 turners in it just like the HR34 has.

Actually it has 6 tuners, one is dedicated to the guide. ;) (Someone from Broadcom explained it to me last night).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

18 inch round with twin lnb losing transponder 18 only when wet.

Playboy banner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)