CE's for the Weekend of 12.3

umm ovredcoat you can't force a software dowload because it's controlled by the engineers of DIRECTV...

umm ovredcoat you can't force a software dowload because it's controlled by the engineers of DIRECTV...

Thats not totally correct. You can force the NR at just about anytime. Only the CE's have special days and times.

@Overdcoat When a new update rolls out, it's my understanding its rolled out one section of the country at a time. Your receiver will automatically get those as they are released. If you want to force the NR, to verify you have the most up to date software, do a RBR and at the 'Hello' screen, press 0.2.4.6.8 on your remote. You will then see the download progress. It will DL software EVEN if its the SAME version. You will now have the most up to date version, even if you already had it.

I have a 20-700 and the last update on my receiver was 8/31.
How do I get an update on it? Software version is 0x40.
You should have (or be getting it very soon) 0x044F. Leave it connected up and powered for a couple of days and it should update on its own. Putting it in standby mode may make it happen sooner.

I wouldn't recommend a CE for anyone who doesn't have their equipment connected continuously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts