Ch 139 TBS

jaschier

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Just noticed the change, effective Aug. 10. Was hoping they were keeping 139 open for ESPNu or CSTV, oh well.

That's what I figured, FX, TNT, TBS, ESPN, some of the biggest right there in a row.

BFG said:
put's it next to tnt, makes sense.

It does make sense.. Up at 230 it was pretty much all by itself. Infact when they moved the Travel Channel a few years ago, they should have put it around the Discovery Channel (180s).

I always wondered why TBS 230 was put way beyond the other stations to itself. It will now be put in its rightful place where it should have been all along.

TBS was up in the 230s because it was a superstation. WGN is 239 and KTLA is up there too.

This is one of the things I like about Dish, most cable companies have the channels all over the place, Dish is really good about putting all the sports, news, kids, etc together.

Derwin0 said:
Never noticed where it was in the lineup.
With Atlanta locals, I can just tune to 17 :D

The local WTBS and the one at 230/139 are not quite the same.

jlabsher said:
TBS was up in the 230s because it was a superstation. WGN is 239 and KTLA is up there too.

This is one of the things I like about Dish, most cable companies have the channels all over the place, Dish is really good about putting all the sports, news, kids, etc together.
Exact reason for dropping D* in the 90's. You would just get used to where something was and they would change it. Crap scattered all over the place. Sorry, carry on people! :)

I just wish that they would put IFC (131) with the movie channels. I mean it is ok where it is now, but it would be better if it was in with the other premium movie channels like Directv does. In fact, it would be nice if they moved at least the other two movie channels that don't show commercials (TMC and FMC) to the 300's too. That way, all commercial free movie channels would be found in the 300 range.

I thought that WTBS also had some local news and PA programming. Not many hours a week but a bit different.

I bet channel 230 would carry a premium to a future shopping channel that may want on Dish Network. Maybe Dish Network will move channels that are in the 200's which are not shopping channels elsewhere and get a premium for those channels since people would be looking there still to watch a channel that they used to watch at that number.

tonyp56 said:
I just wish that they would put IFC (131) with the movie channels. I mean it is ok where it is now, but it would be better if it was in with the other premium movie channels like Directv does. In fact, it would be nice if they moved at least the other two movie channels that don't show commercials (TMC and FMC) to the 300's too. That way, all commercial free movie channels would be found in the 300 range.

That's not a bad idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)