CH 218 MOR Gone?

Just because some of you don't like the channels that were dropped, doesn't mean other people didn't watch them. As far as the shopping channels, no... my family doesn't watch them. But MOR was on quite often in our household. We are a family of hunters. And someone's comment about seeing hunting shows 24/7? I'd like you to show me where those channels are. Because as far as I can tell, OLN is the only one left. ( I think it's OLN ).

Just because some of you don't like the channels that were dropped, doesn't mean other people didn't watch them. As far as the shopping channels, no... my family doesn't watch them. But MOR was on quite often in our household. We are a family of hunters. And someone's comment about seeing hunting shows 24/7? I'd like you to show me where those channels are. Because as far as I can tell, OLN is the only one left. ( I think it's OLN ).

The thing is while "other people" beside whomever your replying to didn't watch the dropped channels, very few Dish subs watch them...So anyway..The outdoor channel (153) is what you are looking for....
BTW if you are a family of hunters, how do find time between work and hunting, to watch tv?

I honestly didn't miss these channels at all until late last night, when I tried to find a coin/collectible show that I had been watching most Friday evenings called Treasure Hunter. I've never bought a thing from this type of network, but frequently got a kick out of Laura, the somewhat dingy co-host of the show.

I didn't know the show was part of this channel block that Dish dumped a few days back, I just looked for the program's title when it was time to air.

Thats the point I'm trying to make. If they can just remove channels without any notice because Dish fails to make contract deals in a timely manner,what makes anyone think that next time it won't be Cinemax or FX or any other channels. I've heard this before from Dish customers in my area,about dropping channels without notice. I was hoping it wasn't true,but this kind of stuff is uncalled for. Directv has giving months of Notice on Dropping LRW. Maybe not everyone cares about the dropped list right now,but wait untill its something you like.I guess I have to upgrade Directv package already.

Right on!

When Dish dropped OLN (now Versus), I was very upset with Charlie's hardball tactics. I got little sympathy from this forum "because who watches hockey anyway?"

One man's trash is another man's treasure. That is why people have garage sales.

Nobody watches 250+ channels in a week, but 250+ channels in a week are watched. Yes, some channels are watched by more viewers than others, but we are all paying for a selected package that contains the channels that we want. I bet that if we chose a la carte channels we would be paying more than we are now. The "package deal" is the most economical way of distributing programming.

So, a sub has the right to be upset when Charlie pulls one of his favorite channels. He's not getting what he paid for just the same as if Charlie dropped ESPN.

Did anyone actually watch The Water Channel?

I don't really remember much what they showed on it, I guess mostly water sports shows...

I can honestly say that I won't miss any of these dropped channels, however I feel for those that do. It seems to me that Dish takes away channels a bit too often, yes they have restored them (OLN/Versus, CourTV, ect) but it can be frustrating. Our local cable company doesn't do this like Dish does, I haven't seen them remove anything within the 3 so years we've been with Dish, Cable has actually added channels to their line up since then, not taken away.

And E* has added quite a few channels to their line up over that same 3 year period. I'm glad these are gone and ready to see what is going in their place!

I can't belive we are still talking about these channels. Everyone but a few are happy they are gone ! "not me" So why are those people still commenting on the subject? I guess you all miss them more then you think!:D

The mens hunting and fishing channel is being missed by many. Some like my Father in Law and other reteired people I know are older and do not go to the internet and visit forums like these.

I am passing on how un happy they are. They just cant get here to voice there complaints. Believe me though, they are calling Dish to get there $5 credit on there bill for the missing channels.

Some are under 18 month contracts so they cant leave.

Myself I am glad the channels are gone. I am not retired and I do not do a lot of hunting and fishing.

Maybe this will free up room for my HD? which is what I want.

The mens hunting and fishing channel is being missed by many...

Many is a relative term. There are 13.5 million customers with Dish Network, so 500,000 would be a lot, and then many, the way I see it would be anything over a million. Now, is there anyone here that honestly believes that there are a million customers (let along 500,000) who ever knew (or cared) that that channel (along with the others) are gone???

I agree with slammic11. I'm certain that every channel on Dish has at least some audience but the real question is whether these channels have a significant amount of viewers or just a very loud few?

Given the fact that Dish has admitted that they look at viewer data I would guess that they know exactly how many (or few) people watch these channels...

I don't know when Dish posted this...

But this is showing on the Retailer Website...

Guess we know why they were removed now. :)
Channels No Longer Available
Effective immediately, the below channels are no longer available on DISH Network. We truly regret that these channels, which is owned by The Media Group, have been removed. The channels were removed because The Media Group failed to pay us under our contract with them.

-- Men’s Outdoor Recreation – ch. 218
-- iDrive – ch. 221
-- Healthy Living Channel – ch. 223
-- iShop – ch.224
-- Men’s 2 - ch. 219
-- Resorts and Residence – ch. 216
-- Water – ch. 217
-- Beauty and Fashion – ch. 225

DISH Network offers many other home shopping and lifestyle programming options such as HSN, QVC, Shop at Home, Food Network, Fine Living and The Golf Channel.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts