Changes in Atlanta Spot Beams?

tangential

Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Atlanta Area
I live in the Atlanta Area and I also have a second home on the panhandle of Fla. Last August I put up a spare dish and I started carrying one of my units with me when we go down for an extended stay. Thru Thanksgiving (at least) I know I could receive most of the Atlanta stations.

I brought my receiver down with me on this trip and now all but one station complains about not being able to detect the spotbeam 20 on 110. Oddly enough, I can still get channel 8, the PBS station.

My question is, did something change, or has my dish just drifted enough to have lost them?

I am showing 85% strength on 110.

Thanks

Last edited:
Atlanta used to be on CONUS when dish offered distant networks, now they are spotbeamed.

as for spotbeam 20, you're getting a different one in Florida than the one that covers Atlanta.

The only way you are going to be able to view the major ATL locals in FL is to check out the HD ones on 129 (with a VIP receiver).

For the record, the Atlanta PBS is on a 119° spot beam with a much larger footprint than the Atlanta locals' 110° spot. This is because the Atlanta PBS station is used for all the Georgia local packages since GPT stations are nothing more than repeaters of the Atlanta station.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)