Changing HR10's fast forwarding?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
I'm sure I know the answer but I'll ask anyway. When I tape a football game, I like to fast forward after the play until the start of the next play. With the HR10-250, it's tough with how the fast forward is set up. Speed 1 is just too slow. Speed 2 makes you go past when the play starts because it backs up. What I'd like it speed 2 that stops immediately. Any way?

To enable 30 sec skip, play a recorded program, press select play, select, 3, 0, select. Receiver will bing 3 times. Use the ->| button to advance.

Al

al said:
To enable 30 sec skip, play a recorded program, press select play, select, 3, 0, select. Receiver will bing 3 times. Use the ->| button to advance.

Al
Any info like this for the new HR20-700 ?

Jimbo

Any info like this for the new HR20-700 ?

Jimbo

As far as I know, the HR20 has 30 sec skip already enabled. The key sequence I described above is for Tivo interfaced receivers, as otherwise, the ->| button advances to end of recorded program.

The button for 30 sec skip on HR 20 is the button with the arrow pointing "clockwise".

Al

As far as I know, the HR20 has 30 sec skip already enabled. The button for 30 sec skip on HR 20 is the button with the arrow pointing "clockwise".

Yes, much better than the Tivos for 30 second skip. You can press it for up to 20 times and it will display how many times you pressed it.

I did have something wierd on mine last night though. I was simply trying to fast forward through a recording and it didn't work, just sat there jittering on the picture. The 30 second skip was the only way I could fast forward.

From time to time when FF 'ding I will get the arrow and it will turn PINK, what is the Pink about and what does it mean ?

Jimbo

The 30 second skip on HR 20/R15 is more like a 30sec FF. It does not skip 30sec, it makes you watch while it fast forwards through at roughly 10x. So, it helps that 30sec is reduced to ~3sec, but I'd prefer a real skip that was instantaneous. Automatically eating commercials would be even better, but I know they'll never enable that.

True, sometimes it is a pain to have to sit a little longer through commercials. One nice thing about watching the 30 second skip is if you're say watching a football game and skip between plays, you can hit Play if they get to the line faster than 30 seconds. At least it seems like it works for me that way.

I did have something wierd on mine last night though. I was simply trying to fast forward through a recording and it didn't work, just sat there jittering on the picture. The 30 second skip was the only way I could fast forward.

I was encountering the same problem, but since the latest upgrade was pushed through, it seems to be working ok

Last edited:
I'm sure I know the answer but I'll ask anyway. When I tape a football game, I like to fast forward after the play until the start of the next play. With the HR10-250, it's tough with how the fast forward is set up. Speed 1 is just too slow. Speed 2 makes you go past when the play starts because it backs up. What I'd like it speed 2 that stops immediately. Any way?

Hit pause then hit play. It doesn't autocorrect when using pause. (at least on older versions).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts