Channel 1080 - new movie (and another 10/4)

The Bank Job is now on VOD 1080 for 1080p testing!

It says version 2.1, so to DirecTV that must mean they are changing things, perhaps in the software and the movie itself (encoding, etc).
Jason, any chance of getting 1080p capability on the regular HD receivers like the H20 or H21? I have my HR20-700 on a 1080i tv and there is no way my wife is letting me take the DVR away from her to put on my 1080p tv.

You have to admit, it was a very nice gesture from D* to allow us to test the 1080p movies, and they were mostly very recent.

Only thing we didn't get to test, that I hope works good, is similiar to the "Movies Now" Feature, where they send them to the DVR via satellite instead of internet download.

If they can do 1080p silently downloaded to the box and ready on-demand, then they've done well!

I don't have a 1080p TV, but was able to notice a slightly better picture compared to the regular 1080i movie channels. Subtle on my sets, but still looked great. On a full 1080p/24 set, I bet it looked like Bluray.

I don't have the ce but this morning there were 5 or 6 free 1080p movies on the VOD scheduler website.

Good Observation! A few I hadn't seen listed before (and still free). The NR is now the same as the CE (for a few more hours, at least), so you should be able to view them in 1080p if your TV is compatible (they look good down-rezzed also).

How I do I know if a movie is going to download in 1080p? I don't see any descriptions indicating 1080p.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused myself on how to tell if something is in 1080p. Downloaded CE last night and was hoping to test some 1080p today, but, can't find any 1080p content to test with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)