"CHANNEL NOT AVAILABLE"

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
I'm getting a "Channel Not Available" notice on NHLHD. I subscribed to the sports pack for this channel ONLY! I canceled the sports pack a few weeks before the HD version of NHL Network became available. I signed back up just last week because I wanted it in HD. I don't mind getting that notice on channels I rarely watch, and don't cost anything. But to have this happen on a channel I watch quite often, is absolutely unacceptable!

I'm getting a "Channel Not Available" notice on NHLHD. I subscribed to the sports pack for this channel ONLY! I canceled the sports pack a few weeks before the HD version of NHL Network became available. I signed back up just last week because I wanted it in HD. I don't mind getting that notice on channels I rarely watch, and don't cost anything. But to have this happen on a channel I watch quite often, is absolutely unacceptable!

Did you reboot your box?
Did you call Cablevision?

:eek:
Great question...if you do work for Cablevision, then with that remark, I can understand why Cablevision sells such a horrible product. Making a customer pay for a channel, then not have that channel available some of the time...perhaps you can put that into the next marketing campaign. Great product dude!! Unfortunately, I'm stuck with it...luckily, only for just another 2 months:p

I get that message all of the time on the voom channels. It is my understanding that if to many people are watching that channel in my area, then you have to try again later. Great product cablevision !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cablevision tech told me the same thing. If too many people are watching the channel won't come in.

That is a well documented flaw with Switch Digital Video, no surprise.
It can be resolved by a hardware upgrade specific to your node.
You need to keep complaining to Cablevision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts