channel surfing on DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

meldar_b

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2006
Floyd Co. Kentucky
My HDDVR is not channel surfer friendly is there anything I can do to my HDDVR to speed up the channel changing speed? Its slow when nothing is recording and even slower if it is recording.

Is the standard HD receiver faster on channel surfing?

My standard D* receiver in my bedroom works great for channel surfing.

Best thing is to relearn the way you watch tv. Use the guide, not the channel up/down buttons, to find what you want.

Do u have all formats selected (720p, 1080i etc) ?

I set it to "native off" & "1080i" only....this way each channel doesnt have to adjust & just funnels it all into that setting....makes changing chanels somewhat faster.

I agree. Using Native On is not friendly with my HDTV. Watching the TV resync to a new format is just painful. Set the HR to whatever is the native resolution for the TV and leave it there. An occasional reboot can also help for some reason.

BTW, which model HD DVR do you have?

Best thing is to relearn the way you watch tv. Use the guide, not the channel up/down buttons, to find what you want.

This does not help jumping around sports channels however. Example: Nascar in-car when you see a driver have trouble it takes 3-4 seconds to jump to their channel and by then, the action is over.

Besides, the guide is not always "friendly".

""movie", "Bob remodels an old house" (what house?), "cooking on the grill" (what?), etc. :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)