philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
hi

I just placed a call to CS.

Today, about 5 sat channels say 'No Signal' 206,226,229 and 2 others.

I tried to get the CSR to look them up and figure out if I have a LNB problem related top a single transponder, but he did not have the information.

He set up a service call! How many half days does voom think we can take time off to fix a probably defective lnb? Heck, I can do a defective lnb!!!

Also, enhancement needed. When you do satellite siugnal strength scan, you need to be able to check by TRANSPONDER, not just a single one. My strength is currently 97, but I cannot check every transponder.

And finally, FSFL and FSFLHD now say I cannot get them (I am in Massachusetts). Why does florida users get FS but we cannot?

These are all channels with "Left_Horiz" polarity. Either a bad LNB, or improper wiring.
If you have a multi-switch, the second LNB connection might be bad (or missing)!

If you can get to your dish, verify that there are two cables going from the multi-switch to the dual-LNB. Check connections. Most likely the second connection is not working.

Ok, no multiswitch, just 2 wires lnb to house, 1 is not connected, one goes to the receiver.

Another wire for antenna (OTA).

I'll try the 'spare' lnb wire and see if the problem goes away.

If so, it is a bad lnb, true?

If you do not have a multi-switch (you have a single STB) then only one wire should be connected to the LNB. Polarity is switched within the LNB by applying higher voltage. Most likely it's a defective LNB! Can be a defetive STB too, but much less likely.

Ilya said:
If you do not have a multi-switch (you have a single STB) then only one wire should be connected to the LNB. Polarity is switched within the LNB by applying higher voltage. Most likely it's a defective LNB! Can be a defetive STB too, but much less likely.

Yep, tried the other wire (dual lnb) and it works fine. So defective lnb

Now the problem with VOOM. They want to come out to change it, and I need to wait 12-5pm on Friday for him to switch it!

I have 3 extra DTV lnbs, so I am cancelling the call and changing it myself.

I've already takes 3 half days off for Voom installs, etc.

Just do it yourself or schedule for the weekend, so you wouldn't have to waste your time.
Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts