Channels disappearing from Favorites menu on Hopper

Just had this happen to me for the first time (that I am aware). Local ABC disappeared and won't let me add it back. I can select it to add, then save. But I go back in and it is still unchecked and doesn't show in my favorites list.

I find if that happens, you can add but it does not stick, add two at a time to get the first to add, then delete the one you do not want. Due to other problems, I'm on my third Hopper and every one of them has had this problem.

I find if that happens, you can add but it does not stick, add two at a time to get the first to add, then delete the one you do not want. Due to other problems, I'm on my third Hopper and every one of them has had this problem.

Yep, I just did one of those yesterday. I had the same issue from time to time on a 722 as well.....

I made a new favorites list, forgot a couple of channels, added them, and they wouldn't stay. I went back to the edit screen, cleared the list an rechecked all that I wanted. The list is now stable.

I made a new favorites list, forgot a couple of channels, added them, and they wouldn't stay. I went back to the edit screen, cleared the list an rechecked all that I wanted. The list is now stable.

I suspect that list stability is a function of size and content. I keep 4 lists, a big general favs, 25 music, 42 movies, and 42 quick. The 3 small lists have always been stable and the big list, which was around 145 channels was hit and miss. I recently reduced this list to 125 channels and it has been stable for over a month, but I think S244 may have helped because I can now add a single channel and I was never able to do that until 244.

I suspect that list stability is a function of size and content. I keep 4 lists, a big general favs, 25 music, 42 movies, and 42 quick. The 3 small lists have always been stable and the big list, which was around 145 channels was hit and miss. I recently reduced this list to 125 channels and it has been stable for over a month, but I think S244 may have helped because I can now add a single channel and I was never able to do that until 244.
I think you are on to something there. As a programmer, I see this sometimes in my own code, and it's usually something very simple like the max dimensions of an array or table, or improper handling of an index. It's normally something very easy to debug and fix. So it's puzzling why such a bug hasn't been fixed yet.

Well, I have two hoppers only one has the issue. The one with the issue has only 1 list of 70 channels. The other hopper has 4 lists, one being the same 70 channel list. the other 3 lists on the "good" hopper are 10 channels or less.

Happens to me at least once a week on hopper (lately almost daily), maybe every other week on my Joey. Same channel list of about 52 channels. Happening for at least a year. Almost always NBC, although slightly random to other locals.

The preset favorite for HD channels only aint so bad, granted Id love to setup a reliable favorites list. A good portion of my complaining was fixed, as stated above, when they quit resetting it every night.

Channel dropped from favorites and could not add back

I lost Channel 4 from my favorites list. I would go in to edit lists check channel 4 and save, If I opened the list back up Channel 4 was unchecked. Read post above to add 2 channels. I did that and it worked. very strange bug.

I lost Channel 4 from my favorites list. I would go in to edit lists check channel 4 and save, If I opened the list back up Channel 4 was unchecked. Read post above to add 2 channels. I did that and it worked. very strange bug.

I hope your addition lasts. Mine sometimes do but more often don't.

I'm curious about the type of data structures they use for the guide and lists. Anyone know? I was never big in software and the only thing I ever learned that would work here is linked lists for the favs and channel types. Whatever they're using it sure needs fixing.

I hope your addition lasts. Mine sometimes do but more often don't.

I'm curious about the type of data structures they use for the guide and lists. Anyone know? I was never big in software and the only thing I ever learned that would work here is linked lists for the favs and channel types. Whatever they're using it sure needs fixing.

Crap, You are correct Channel 4 disappeared again. Very Annoying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts