Channels in HD?

Mister B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
El Paso County Texas
I was able to find a member who indicated that MeTV is HD with Direct. What about H&I and COZI? If not HD, are they at least full screen 16:9?

77 MeTV and 385 H&I are both 720p, which is how those networks originate with Weigel.

80 Cozi is a 480i 16:9 feed, which is how it originates from NBCU. The few stations who have it in 720p or 1080i only have their local pre-emptions in HD.

As a potential customer I am interested due to the fact that neither MeTV or H&I are available OTA in El Paso. COZI's picture is bit-starved due to cramming in more channels in the signal stream and there is no guide data except from the national web site.
It would be beneficial to Direct TV to add more of these retro type channels that us senior citizens tend to be interested in and still feel more comfortable having shows delivered in a convenient manner rather than searching through streaming services.

See this thread for more information. GetTV and Grit are also available on DIRECTV. The other retro style diginets like Antenna and Rewind don't currently make themselves directly available to national providers.

The challenge with El Paso is that your commercial allotments are split with Juarez, so networks that other markets get on primary channels like CW, MyNetworkTV and Ion are on subchannels which limits how many diginets can be picked up, and it doesn't help that you have 2 Sinclair stations who give priority to their in house diginets. San Diego has a similar issue where their allotments are split with Tijuana.

• Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016