Charlie Chat 1 Year Later

I want to see the list of HD channels D* launched from last March to this March.
Who has that list. You can even add your 30 PPV's if you like.:haha:haha
Disney
Toon Disney
ABC Family
EPSNews
Planet Green
Fox News HD
MLB
Comedy Central
CI
Showtime Extreme
Showtime Showcase
(plus about 23 PT RSN's converted to FT-RSN's - per the August Press Release)

About 11 (35 if you count converted RSNs), if I have all of 'em...
Compared to dish's 40 (37 from last year - not counting Smithsonian, 3 from this year)
///or if you are talking NET HD channel gain for e*, 25 HD Channels (40 - 15 V*)

But then if you look at ...
Mar 07-Mar 08, the title belongs to d*
Mar 06-Mar 07, the title, I believe belonged to e*

All depends on the year I guess...

Last edited:
I found it.
  1. Showtime Extreme HD,
  2. Showtime Showcase HD,
  3. Planet Green HD,
  4. ABC Family HD,
  5. Additional DIRECTV HD pay per view channels
  6. 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) in HD 24 hours a day.
  7. MLB
  8. Crime and Investgation

I found it.
  1. Showtime Extreme HD,
  2. Showtime Showcase HD,
  3. Planet Green HD,
  4. ABC Family HD,
  5. Additional DIRECTV HD pay per view channels
  6. 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) in HD 24 hours a day.
  7. MLB
  8. Crime and Investgation

you forgot comedy central HD

Updated the above list for CC and CI... knew I was missing something

ESPNews, Disney and Toon Disney launched in April 2008

that's correct because I didn't have Directv yet and i remember being pissed about directv having this before dish.

So we have gotten 17 of the 24 on the list (then lost one). Of the 7 we never got, 3 do not show HD. 3 of the remaining 4 have yet to be launched. So from that list, the only true HD channels we do not have are Smithsonian and MoreMax. Not too bad in my book!

I am guessing you are counting: 3 do not show HD to be VH1, MTV, CMT
and 3 of the remaining 4 have yet to be launched are BET, AMC, and IFC

((If so, AMC and IFC are available on Cable Systems, just not via Sat-casters yet.))

I love that people still complain about Dish not adding as much national HD as Direct and yet there is a difference of 1 whole national HD channel (and Dish has more HD premium channels) between the two of them. Which means that in reality that in the last year Dish had more HD than Direct and Direct caught up and past Dish, or that Dish is adding more HD than Direct in the last few months...Hmmm

I love that people still complain about Dish not adding as much national HD as Direct and yet there is a difference of 1 whole national HD channel (and Dish has more HD premium channels) between the two of them. Which means that in reality that in the last year Dish had more HD than Direct and Direct caught up and past Dish, or that Dish is adding more HD than Direct in the last few months...Hmmm

i agree. there are a couple of channels on dish i wish direct had.

I was doing a search (on something not related)and this thread came up (last March's Charlie Chat Recap) Being curious I found a few things interesting...
Dish HD Channels Coming Soon:

Once again, we have the illusive word 'Soon' to plauge our hopes. This whole thread has taken a wrong direction after your first post because some have ignored the vague word 'soon'.

Patience people...

The original list of channels that DISH announced last spring that have still not launched and there are 8:

AMC
BET
CMT
IFC
MTV
MoreMax-still not on.
NICKELODEON
VH1

Dish did launch some channels last April the 16th & 18th ,2008 and they were:

CNN
Sci-Fi
USA

Dish did launch some hd channels last May 12th 2008 and they were:

ABC FAMILY
BIOGRAPHY
BRAVO
CARTOON NET
DISNEY
ESPN NEWS
MGM
SMITHSONIAN- * Now removed and replaced with Crimes & Sleuth Hd.
TENNIS CHANNEL
TOON DISNEY
WEATHER CHANNEL
CINEMAX WEST
TRAVEL CHANNEL
WFN
HMC
CNBC

Last June of 2008 they launched the following channel in hd:

WGN SUPERSTATION

Last August 1 st of 2008 they launched the following in hd:

HBO SIGNATURE
HBO WEST
HBO WEST 2
HBO FAMILY
HBO ZONE
HBO COMEDY
HBO LATINO
ENCORE
LIFETIME
LIFETIME MOVIE
PLANET GREEN
CBS COLLEGE SPORTS
ACTION MAX
STARZ WEST
STARZ COMEDY
STARZ EDGE
STARZ FAMILY

Last month in February they launched FOX NEWS HD and FOX BUSINESS IN HD. So this was the launch dates of the Hd channels that DISH did add last year but they did remove 10 VOOM channels last May and then removed the other 5 a few days later . OF course last month we lost Smithsonian hd channel. So DISH added 40 hd channels and took away 16 hd channels so we came out with a plus of 24 hd channels . They also turned on many channels that they never announced at all, and a split of the VS/golf channel into two separate channels . So if they add the other 8 hd channels that they did announce we will have a total of 32 hd channels added since last spring a year ago. They also announced I think 3 Showtime channels in hd that should be coming. So I am betting on this month or next to add them and this doesn't include the FX ,SPIKE or SPEED channels in hd that have never been announced as coming at all.

I miss the Travel channel HD

I miss Equator (sorry to commit the sin of Voomification ;)). Travel is OK, but not nearly as good as Equator was.

Yes, I know I'm never getting it back. Doesn't stop me from missing it.

Likewise on the Voom fest, but I really wish dish and rainbow could sit down and come to an accord with the new single channel Voom HD and sister station Rush HD. When I go from Absolute to Turbo, that might be enough extra to persuade me into keeping Platinum.

With that out of my system, should be an intersting chat on Monday Night. I look forward to Charlie chatting with Glenn Beck, very funny guy! (here)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)