Chef Michael Symon Opening 2 More Restraunts in NE Ohio!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Iron Chef and Clevelander, Michael Symon announced his plans to open 2 new restaurants.

These will be a different fare than his 3 current places. "Lola", on downtown Cleveland's East Fourth Street, and its casual sister restaurant "Lolita", in the city's Tremont neighborhood. He also has a place in Detroit called "Roast".

The new "Bar Symon", an American bar and brasserie, will occupy the site of Swingos Grand Tavern, which closed suddenly in February. The restaurant, at 32858 Walker Road, is scheduled to open in June.

"Everything on the menu will range from $9 to $18," said Symon, adding that "most of the menu will be built around live fire cooking" and may feature custom-built rotisseries similar to the ones boldly displayed at his most recent restaurant, Roast, in Detroit.
Once the doors open at Bar Symon, the partners will kick into overdrive to open the other restaurant.

"The B Spot" -- "pretty much just great burgers and beer," Symon said -- will bring upscale casual fare to the Eton Chagrin Boulevard shopping center. It replaces a bakery concept he originally envisioned.

"We just wanted great, simple food," Symon said of a menu that will feature "maybe 10 burgers plus fries, milkshakes, a couple of salads and around 20 beers on tap."
Chef Michael Symon plans two new restaurants dishing up simpler fare and beer -

Awesome. I love Michael Symon. First, he hasn't abandoned us to open up trendy spots in New York or LA. Second, he is keeping things affordable. Can't wait to try Bar Symon. An Iron Chef meal at Applebee's prices.

Awesome. I love Michael Symon. First, he hasn't abandoned us to open up trendy spots in New York or LA. Second, he is keeping things affordable. Can't wait to try Bar Symon. An Iron Chef meal at Applebee's prices.

Yep! This is great he's keeping his fame, fortune and talent right where he started.

I've been to Lolita in Tremont and it's amazing. I can't wait to try B-Spot when it opens. Woodmere is about 2 minutes from me, so I'm sure I'll be there quite frequently! :) :hungry:

Ya know, Guy Fieri is a lot like that. We were original lovers of Johnny Garlic's in Santa Rosa, CA back in his beginnings. Guy is just an everyday guy :) who loves food, puts out good food at a reasonable price. He hasn't changed a bit. He's a celebrity now but hasn't lost who he is.

Ya know, Guy Fieri is a lot like that. We were original lovers of Johnny Garlic's in Santa Rosa, CA back in his beginnings. Guy is just an everyday guy :) who loves food, puts out good food at a reasonable price. He hasn't changed a bit. He's a celebrity now but hasn't lost who he is.

Yeah, Guy seems like a down-to-earth guy too. I love that Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives show. He has the perfect personality for that shows host.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)