CHICAGO METRO AREA VOOM

Well, they blew me off and didn't show up today. I tried earlier this week to call, and left a message... No callback. I also emailed them last week... No reply. Ugggh.

Fox Glitches

Hello everybody,
Is anyone else getting constant glitches on Fox? I am getting pretty anoyed by it because it's almost every 5 minutes. I have reset my box several times and still the same dealie...

Thanks Much.

yes, I have been having the same issue with FOX for the last couple of weeks; I was hoping the Super DMA would be released by now, and maybe that might help..

Fox and WBBM were always a problem for me,until I had a real roof top antenna put in; now both are perfect, except for the recent issue with Fox that you are also seeing....

cmslick3 said:
Hello everybody,
Is anyone else getting constant glitches on Fox? I am getting pretty anoyed by it because it's almost every 5 minutes. I have reset my box several times and still the same dealie...

Thanks Much.
Wow, I thought it was just my setup, but I have been seeing the audio (and sometimes video) dropouts on Fox very recently. I wonder if it's the Voom receiver or if it's FOxChicago? I'll have to hook the antenna up to my TV's digital tuner again to see if I see it there.

Adant called me back finally and said that Voom denied my upgraded antenna because antennaweb says I'm too far out for CBS. But I get it about 50% of the time with the little stealth antenna. So any suggestions on what I can do? Just call up Voom and tell them they are wrong?

I am getting a signal strenght of 99 on Fox and I get the audio burps every 5 minuets. I did get the 737 update last night so lets see what happens.

FunkyBoss said:
Wow, I thought it was just my setup, but I have been seeing the audio (and sometimes video) dropouts on Fox very recently. I wonder if it's the Voom receiver or if it's FOxChicago? I'll have to hook the antenna up to my TV's digital tuner again to see if I see it there.

Adant called me back finally and said that Voom denied my upgraded antenna because antennaweb says I'm too far out for CBS. But I get it about 50% of the time with the little stealth antenna. So any suggestions on what I can do? Just call up Voom and tell them they are wrong?

i would call them and tell them you are picking it up 50% of the time with the sealth and that you think all you need it the sensor II just keep call them .

I wouldnt bother with Voom; you need to speak to Al (I think that is his name) at Adant...

Sweet talk him, tell him how great their service is, tell them how happy you are with everything they did, but you really need CBS for football, baseball, basketball, or whatever... remind him that the Customer Service folks at
Voom sometimes don't know what they are talking about, and you have friends with Voom living near to you, that got CBS perfectly once they had a rooftop antenna installed...

I found a little butt kissing with them works very well!

And, when are the rest of us in chicago going to get that 737 update???

Blizz said:
I am getting a signal strenght of 99 on Fox and I get the audio burps every 5 minuets. I did get the 737 update last night so lets see what happens.
I am also seeing the dropouts on my Sony TV's built in tuner. So it may be a fox thing and not the Voom box.

I am about 50 miles NW of Chicago (Wauconda), and I rarely get fox, channel 26, or ABC. They will come in on rare occasions. WBBM (CBS) is always fine. I also get WSBT 1&2 and WNDU 1&2 (both South bend, Indiana stations) on occasion, even though Fox is not coming in at the same time.

Seems like a Fox problem to me.

Yea I'm out west and have noticed the same issue with Fox. I get a similar problem with CBS but that appears to be a signal strength issue were as FOX comes in at 95 or 96.

klen said:
I am about 50 miles NW of Chicago (Wauconda), and I rarely get fox, channel 26, or ABC. They will come in on rare occasions. WBBM (CBS) is always fine. I also get WSBT 1&2 and WNDU 1&2 (both South bend, Indiana stations) on occasion, even though Fox is not coming in at the same time.

Seems like a Fox problem to me.
Klen, what kind of antenna do you have?

It's a Winegard directional antenna. Voom upgraded me to it about a year ago because I was having trouble getting locals. The boom is around 10 ft. long. not sure if this is the exact model, but it looks like this HD7080 on this site:

http://www.starkelectronic.com/wca7080.htm

Funny this is, WFLD's signal was around 35 this afternoon, and now tonight it is 91 and coming in for the first time since before the super bowl. ABC signal is 51 right now, last night it came in fine.

odd.

Looking for comments on Chicago installers

I just ordered yesterday and received an email from Installs INC. I have heard so many nightmares about these guys. I currently have dishnet and when the installed the pulled the cables through the suspended ceilings and the walls. I see that this is not covered by the voom install. I am going to cancel if there is a bunch of extra cost for this. Has anyone any good or bad experience with this and what the Chicago area installers are like. I am actually in the Dekalb area and am assuming that this is the right thread.

Thanks

Its not Installs you need to worry about, its the local installer company. I've had good and bad experience with these guys. Its basically hit and miss.

warper said:
I just ordered yesterday and received an email from Installs INC. I have heard so many nightmares about these guys. I currently have dishnet and when the installed the pulled the cables through the suspended ceilings and the walls. I see that this is not covered by the voom install. I am going to cancel if there is a bunch of extra cost for this. Has anyone any good or bad experience with this and what the Chicago area installers are like. I am actually in the Dekalb area and am assuming that this is the right thread.

Thanks

If DISH already did the wiring, then why would it need to be done again? Am I missing something here? If it needs to be done, can you do it yourself? Voom used my existing DISH wiring, and everything went fine.

I don't know who installs Voom in your area, but Adant Wireless out of Gurnee did mine about a year ago, (thru Installs, Inc) and they have been great to work with. They might go out as far as Dekalb, but I doubt it. They have been out a few times since then, and I have never had a bad experience with them.

-k

I have had Voom since Dec. Adent was scheduled to do the install, but was a no show twice. After a call to Wilt, he set up the install with Virgin Sat and they were there in 5 days. You can search for Wilts e-mail in the forums section here and give him a try. He was very nice to deal with and seams to care about the customer.

The email from Installs Inc should have the name of the company listed on it that will be doing the install. Adant has been out to my house a couple times. It was very hit or miss. One time, they sent a guy that didn't know anything about Voom, and he refused to go up on my 2nd story roof because it was too "high". The next time I got a couple guys (with a 40foot ladder) that knew a little more, but were extremely nice and did a great job of installing everything.

wbbm cbs 2

Funkyboss
where in Sugar Grove are you at, I am on the west side of the grove and get wbbm on a winegard with about 70% signal, I still do get a few dropouts but csi is at leats watchable.

dodge said:
Funkyboss
where in Sugar Grove are you at, I am on the west side of the grove and get wbbm on a winegard with about 70% signal, I still do get a few dropouts but csi is at leats watchable.
Hey dodge, I am on the "northeast" side up by where 88 and 56 meet. It's good to know you get 70 signal. Mine is lower because I still just have the smaller Stealth antenna on the roof. Someday I may upgrade to a bigger one like a Winegard to see if it helps.