Chiller and Pensacola HD locals were just added

Yup, I can verify this, Mobile/Pensacola locals in HD from 61.5. Just running standard daytime crap right now so can't comment on PQ.

WPMI-15 (NBC) and WJTC-44 (independent) are missing. Time to send an email to the station managers and ask why.

comparing it to Monsters goes too far.

Let's see, take Monsters, slightly different content, add commercials, add a constant channel bug logo, add promo popups during the shows, and likely stretch the SD if and when the HD version comes online.

Sounds like some good shows air on the channel, but I refuse to watch movies with commercials or edited content, so that's out.

I still like the Movies on Monster HD. Also on some weekends Monster will run series (ex they ran all of the planet of the ape films) Plus you get all of the screaming, blood hurtling hack job,ugly looking folks in HD. Monster HD is one of the few Voom programs that I watch.

Last edited:
I know I'm probably the only one, but I'm super happy to get this finally. I loved the old Fri the 13th the series show and Tales from the Darkside. So seeing those again is great and I'm more excited about it then getting sci fi and usa in hd. :) Although I want more National HD whether I watch it or not. Don't get me wrong :).

I live in the Mobile/Pensacola market and I want the HD locals. I only have a Dish 1000 pointed at 110/119/129. Will E* send someone out to put up a dish for 61.5? I suspect that most HD customers in this market will need a 2nd dish for 61.5. Why would they turn on channels that most of their customers can not see?

I know I'm probably the only one, but I'm super happy to get this finally. I loved the old Fri the 13th the series show and Tales from the Darkside. So seeing those again is great and I'm more excited about it then getting sci fi and usa in hd. :) Although I want more National HD whether I watch it or not. Don't get me wrong :).

You're definitely not the only one. I have wanted Chiller ever since I heard about it several months ago. I only wanted it for the shows and I don't have HD, so Monsters HD doesn't do anything for me. I know the content on Chiller is edited and has commercials, but I would rather watch the shows in edited form than not be able to watch them at all without buying them on DVD! :)

Anyone in Mobile missing Audio on Fox-10 HD programming.. Have audio when they go to commercial but loose it when they go to the network show. Don't have any issues with OTA.. Just the Satellite feed

Yep, I see (hear) the same thing. I just sent off an email to dishquality@echostar.com

No audio during actual HD content but when they switch to SD it is loud and clear.

I'm recording SD, HD and OTA of the two sitcoms so I can compare the filesizes. I don't see much degradation in picture quality at all.

Just curious, is there audio on 3 and 5 when they go to HD? I'd check myself but the tuners are all busy right now :)

ImaginAsian TV anyone interested... continued?

Canceled Dish Today... And dish didn't care

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)