Chiller HD? Live on Time Warner?

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
I just read on Swanies letter that Time Warner added a bunch on new HD. Chiller HD is one of them.

Can anyone confirm this?

I thought they scrapped plans for HD for now (ChillerHD)

First, these ate supposed to be Dec 17th, better than a month away.

They seem to also think Sleuth HD is coming.

Also, since when are the Africa Channel and TV One broadcasting in HD? I've scarecly heard of these.

You must be confused...ChillerHD is not a channel, its what happens every month when you look at your bill and see how much E* is charging you. :D

Just kidding... ;)

Great, I could just see it now....the same edited, ad-interrupted movies, but now in stretch-o-vision!! I'd rather watch WFN :)
Right!

Without programing less than twenty years old HD is pointless unless they get remastered HD versions of recent movies..... Wait.... Chiller... remastered HD versions....

Never mind.

Last edited:
I just read on Swanies letter that Time Warner added a bunch on new HD. Chiller HD is one of them.

Can anyone confirm this?

So far it's just what Swanni says. I can't find anything else on this.

You must be confused...ChillerHD is not a channel, its what happens every month when you look at your bill and see how much E* is charging you. :D

Just kidding... ;)

No! You are NOT kidding!! :D

Links??

Nothing on chillers website about hd now or even soon.

Here is the link to what lern saw.. Time-Warner to Launch Dozens of New HD Channels in NY

Right!

Without programing less than twenty years old HD is pointless unless they get remastered HD versions of recent movies..... Wait.... Chiller... remastered HD versions....

Never mind.

Actually,

I was watching the old 80s Friday the 13th Series on Chiller in SD - horrible PQ.

Then Sci-Fi aired the same Friday the 13th Series upconverted to HD - awesome PQ

The PQ on Friday the 13th is famously bad with very dark and grainy images (even the new DVDs have terrible PQ). But when unconverted on Sci-Fi to HD (I believe this was due to the series being released on DVD) the graininess, darkness, and lack of contrast was completely gone.

Old SD content can be greatly improved with simple HD upconverts (just leave the OAR please and stop the strech-o-vision).

might be possible

actually if you look at wikipedia, the show that the chiller hd would start being avaialble mid october, and since the link above show them not be active until december it is entirely possible they would provide chiller hd on TW.

BTW wikipedia link to the info links to a general information forum that has 1600+ pages of posts, so i didn't have time to find the correct post that says chiller hd is coming.

If you read the link that Yes616 posted in #8, the channels listed there will not be available until December. So I don't think Chiller HD is available yet. Also, wikipedia's info is not updated all that quickly. I wouldn't go with what they have posted without confirmation from other sources.

Yes, but Chiller HD and Sleuth HD have always been in the game plan. There's really no reason to believe they won't be on the air soon...they are both actually way overdue.

The original announcement about Sleuth YEARS ago stated that it would be available in SD and HD.

On December 17, Time Warner will add NBA TV HD, Team HD and change Versus/Golf HD to Versus HD in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn and Mt. Vernon.

On the same day in northern Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens, Time Warner subs will get Golf HD (formerly part of Versus/Golf HD),
Crime and Investigation HD, Africa Channel HD, TV One HD, G4HD, MGM HD, Chiller HD, Sleuth HD, Style HD, Fuse HD, Nick HD, Lifetime HD, CNBC HD, USA HD, SciFi HD, Bravo HD, E! HD, QVC HD, Spike HD and HSN HD.
QVC and HSN in HD... I bet Dish adds these immediately after they are available. <<sigh>>

Can anyone confirm this?

This is also on dslreports: [TWC] Time warner adds new HD channels in NYC - dslreports.com for launch on December 17 in Manhattan, even lists channel numbers for Chiller HD & Sleuth HD. While I realize alot of the content may not be HD is would be nice to have it in the HD only package, even SD IMHO looks better on mpeg4.

BBC Launches Spanish Language Channel on Dish Network

MPEG2 Transition?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts