Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
So where are the Christmas music channels!!!..somebody had to post it

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using SatelliteGuys mobile app

So where are the Christmas music channels!!!..somebody had to post it

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using SatelliteGuys mobile app

What is the rush about Christmas?
It is only Nov. 6th it used to be that Christmas started after THANKSGIVING.
IMHO every one starts hanging Christmas stuff and playing Christmas music WAY too early.

IMHO every one starts hanging Christmas stuff and playing Christmas music WAY too early.

As long as it doesn't start leapfrogging Halloween I'm ok with it.

From a local station perpective, many are wondering when our FM channel will flip. Many complain about the flip so early as I think it will happen this weekend, but there ratings are usually through the roof for that time period.

Because they've figured out it's something they can monetize regularly and the stores will keep pushing it until it starts to effect the bottom line. I'm one of those that can listen to Christmas music year round at various times if the mood suits me or I just need a jolly pick me up, but I agree I don't care to see the stores pushing everything until after Thanksgiving.

It used to be that way, and then stores started selling/decorating before Thanksgiving....and now it's to a point that Christmas and Halloween stuff shares shelves. :facepalm

Oh, and don't get me started on Black Friday now starting Thursday at 5:00PM, during family gathering time.

I agree with the several recent articles and stories that Black Friday is a thing of the past. Retailer goals are now to get the majority of your money BEFORE thanksgiving...good luck with that.

Oh, and don't get me started on Black Friday now starting Thursday at 5:00PM, during family gathering time.

Earlier then that...Kmart is opening at 6 AM Thursday morning and staying open for 41 hours straight. Retailers are putting the Bah Humbug back into the Holiday season :(

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Earlier then that...Kmart is opening at 6 AM Thursday morning and staying open for 41 hours straight. Retailers are putting the Bah Humbug back into the Holiday season :(
I wouldn't count that one. Who shops at Kmart anymore? :D

Ask and you shall receive! Not too sure about the channel numbers though.

Effective on Wednesday, November 6, 2013, by 5pm EST, DISH Network will launch two audio channels, Traditional Holidays and Holiday Pop, into free access for customers to enjoy through January 7, 2014
  • Traditional Holidays: Evoking and celebrating timeless memories from days gone by. This program sounds like going home for the holidays! Traditional Holidays is a rich collection of holiday chestnuts from classic artists and eras remembering the special tradition of the season.
  • Holiday Pop: This contemporary offer features well-know Holiday recordings performed by Pop superstars. Current Holiday hits as well as all-time favorites combine to create this very popular collection of Yuletide tunes