Ciel 2 problem or Local HD ??

cesater

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Here in south central Indiana, we receive local HD channels from Indianapolis. We intially were uplinked to E5 at 129. About a week ago Indy HD channels were switched to Ciel 2 at 129. Since then I've been noticing "picture breaks" in between scenes of shows (HD only). It's almost like the signal is being transmitted differently now? We had no problem with E5. I don't seem to notice this picture break on other than the Indy HD locals. Any thoughts?

Chuck in Nashville, IN
722ViP DVR
Dish 1000 110, 119, 129 - wing at 61.5

Here in south central Indiana, we receive local HD channels from Indianapolis. We intially were uplinked to E5 at 129. About a week ago Indy HD channels were switched to Ciel 2 at 129. Since then I've been noticing "picture breaks" in between scenes of shows (HD only). It's almost like the signal is being transmitted differently now? We had no problem with E5. I don't seem to notice this picture break on other than the Indy HD locals. Any thoughts?

Chuck in Nashville, IN
722ViP DVR
Dish 1000 110, 119, 129 - wing at 61.5
I have seen what you are talking about primarily on Ch 8. But that has been going on before the switch, and OTA.

INDY HD CBS

I have seen what you are talking about primarily on Ch 8. But that has been going on before the switch, and OTA.

Yes, primarily CBS HD in Indy - I guess I hadn't noticed it before the switch. Thanks for the update.

Chuck in Nashville, IN
722 ViP DVR

The Indianapolis stations were on E5 on a conus beam. They are now on Ceil 2 on a spot beam. Have your dish peaked.

The Indianapolis stations were on E5 on a conus beam. They are now on Ceil 2 on a spot beam. Have your dish peaked.
Same orbital position. No need to re-peak. My signal went up slightly. OP problem is local, since it happens OTA.

And Dish, according an engineer from WISH who participates on the AVSForum, receives its HD signal OTA. Any issues that exist OTA (like this one) will be passed through on the Dish feed.

MPEG 4 Irds

L618 fixes The Beast in 1080p!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)