Ciel 2 Tracking

Question can I check the signal strength on my VIP 722 or do
I need special equipment?
Better if you'll use spectrum analyzer - standalone or BLSA; in case of DVR/STB you get unreliable data, software of the boxes changing frequency of required transponder to next one if it not gather any data from selected.

Remember CIEL does not give control of the bird to Dish until February 3rd. They are still doing testing and final tweaks to the satellite before they let the Dish guys move in. :)

Watching, watching ...

OK, let settle base level - today. Here is spectrum of the sat at 129W. Using BLSA, 1m dish, Invacom QPH-031 LNBF, Bay Area.
R: tp5 - 38%|80%; L: tp16 - 56%|93%. [Q|S]

Actually, we need to open new thread - "Ciel-2 Signal Monitoring", this one was about its 'tracking' , but Cile-2 came to final point.

Attachments

• 129L_R.JPG
    129L_R.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Is someone had old spectrums of the 129W ?
My last SS numbers from end of 2008 shows eight empty tpns: 14, 15, 20, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, but today only five missing: 18, 22, 24, 25, 29.

Actually, we need to open new thread - "Ciel-2 Signal Monitoring", this one was about its 'tracking' , but Cile-2 came to final point.

Good Idea. We had one for the launch, and then one for the tracking. Why don't you start one on whats coming. Going to be lots of activity during the next month on reception and it has "arrived" home so tracking is done.

Remember CIEL does not give control of the bird to Dish until February 3rd. They are still doing testing and final tweaks to the satellite before they let the Dish guys move in. :)

We cannot remember that, because it is the first time you have said it.

Previously you said "not until after the Super Bowl".

So, this new statement pushes it back another day.

----------

You people spending your weekend hooking up gear to 129 are wasting your time.

Ciel clearly does not work on the weekends, especially during the Super Bowl, which has become like a holiday.

Dish receiving delivery on February 3rd means that Ciel is waiting until their engineers return to work on Monday, and then they will log all the readings from Ciel-2, much like the rental car places want you to mark all existing dents and scratches before you drive away.

Ciel does not want a dispute like "but when we got the satellite, Transponder 4 was not working right...".

Actually, I see some transponders what wasn't active before. If we could find old pictures, we could say for sure, but today's facts of some activity ( I'm not pointing to Ciel-2 specifically ) exists at 129W.

We cannot remember that, because it is the first time you have said it.

Previously you said "not until after the Super Bowl".

So, this new statement pushes it back another day.

----------

You people spending your weekend hooking up gear to 129 are wasting your time.

Ciel clearly does not work on the weekends, especially during the Super Bowl, which has become like a holiday.

Dish receiving delivery on February 3rd means that Ciel is waiting until their engineers return to work on Monday, and then they will log all the readings from Ciel-2, much like the rental car places want you to mark all existing dents and scratches before you drive away.

Ciel does not want a dispute like "but when we got the satellite, Transponder 4 was not working right...".

At 7-10 thousand dollars per hour lease fees, no one is taking time off!

I doubt they have been playing around. Time is money. Get it launched and start the lease as soon as possible without endangering the bird. They could have probably rushed it more but that always comes with a cost and thats not the money type of cost....

When did CIEL gain the ability to control satellites? I was under the impression that they contracted with others better equipped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)