Ciel-2 will bring more HD to AK and HI

djmaui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Maui
Ciel-2 at 129 will apparrently be able to send up to 35 or so additional HD channels to AK and HI to expand our existing twelve HD channels in Hawaii and Alaska via 110. (HD Theater, HD Net, HD Movies, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, Universal, NFL, HBO, Showtime, and recently USA and Sci-Fi). Alaska recently picked up a few more at 110 according to Lyngsat and EKB: TLC, Travel, Animal Planet, National Geographic, ESPN News, Versus, Cartoon Network, Weather Channel. I hope those recent Alaska additions are also coming to Hawaii soon.

In addition, I'm looking for CNN, History, Discovery, CNBC, MSNBC, Food, TBS, Science, Smithsonian, MGM, Disney, Toon Disney, World sport, plus all the premium movie channels. Our local NBC HD (KHNL13) is still missing in action, as well.

The aforementioned are all existing e* channels. It would be good to get the following ones when they are picked up: FX, IFC, Nickelodeon, and any premium movie channels that e* doesn't have yet.

I also hope to see Comedy Central and BBC America when they launch early next year. :hungry:

I forgot which e-mail was best to use at Dish for requests like these. ceo@.......?

Does anyone else in AK/HI have input on this subject? Aloha

Ciel-2 at 129 will apparrently be able to send up to 35 or so additional HD channels to AK and HI to expand our existing twelve HD channels in Hawaii and Alaska via 110. (HD Theater, HD Net, HD Movies, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, Universal, NFL, HBO, Showtime, and recently USA and Sci-Fi). Alaska recently picked up a few more at 110 according to Lyngsat and EKB: TLC, Travel, Animal Planet, National Geographic, ESPN News, Versus, Cartoon Network, Weather Channel. I hope those recent Alaska additions are also coming to Hawaii soon.

In addition, I'm looking for CNN, History, Discovery, CNBC, MSNBC, Food, TBS, Science, Smithsonian, MGM, Disney, Toon Disney, World sport, plus all the premium movie channels. Our local NBC HD (KHNL13) is still missing in action, as well.

The aforementioned are all existing e* channels. It would be good to get the following ones when they are picked up: FX, IFC, Nickelodeon, and any premium movie channels that e* doesn't have yet.

I also hope to see Comedy Central and BBC America when they launch early next year. :hungry:

I forgot which e-mail was best to use at Dish for requests like these. ceo@.......?

Does anyone else in AK/HI have input on this subject? Aloha

You can try the ceo but I wouldn't expect any reply. I've e-mailed over the months about lack of HD, both national and LIL, but apparently they just go in the big ignore stack. Please do email, you never know when you will get a reply.

Oh, and just because the additional 8 HD channels are uplinked for AK, they haven't been turned on yet.

You can try the ceo but I wouldn't expect any reply. I've e-mailed over the months about lack of HD, both national and LIL, but apparently they just go in the big ignore stack. Please do email, you never know when you will get a reply.

Oh, and just because the additional 8 HD channels are uplinked for AK, they haven't been turned on yet.

I've been emailing E* since they put USA and SCIFI on 110 and didn't add them to the Alaska package. Only got couple of responses and none of them would discuss HD plans for areas outside the conus. That makes no sense to me since they have no problems discussing plans for the conus(up to 150 channels). If I had known they were adding these channels I wouldn't have checked into D* a month ago, now I have an install for this month.

Watch the Dish Uplink Center forum if you want to see whats going on a little behind the scenes.

Digiblur - Master of the Uplinks - Thanks for your great services to this community. I hope things are back to normal or better for you since the last storm. I do check the uplink forum once in a while, but there is also a great summary of highlights on this EKB page which you contribute to (maybe you do the highlight list, too).

EKB: Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial)

I'll try an e-mail to ceo@.... and see if I get a response. No harm in asking, I figure.

I hope your new 8 channels get turned on soon.

Dish Network's Solid HD Plan

what is better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts