CIHD Censoring Content?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2008
Has anyone noticed whether CIHD is editing language? I could swear that while watching "Philly" that the word "bitch" was edited out.

Well considering that most other providers are providing it as a "basic" digital channel, (as opposed to being in a "premium type" tier like D* is doing :rolleyes: ) I wouldn't be the least surprised... ;)

What other providers carry Crime and Investigation HD?

Well as I have said a couple times in other posts, C&I has been an SD-ONLY channel for at least a year or two; it now just STARTED to be offered in HD & D* CHOOSE to put it on in HD only & in the HD xtra pkg. But obviously, the SD & HD feeds are the SAME content, so that's besides the point.

So now to answer your question - C&I has been carried by FiOS & a few small cable ops (in SD) for almost a year & they all carry it as a "digital basic tier" channel; don't know if any of them have now upgraded it to HD...

FWIW, one channel that isn't edited much (if at all) is BBC America. Of course, Gordon Ramsay curses like a sailor, but that's bleeped out, except for the occasional "s***". I just started watching the "Catherine Tate Show", and nothing was bleeped out. Only the word "f***" was cut out, and just barely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)