Circuit City to back HD DVD

We all know they are just covering there ass until the stock is all gone;)
This was explained somewhere near post 3 or 4 of the original thread except that BR conspiracy theorists would not let it go. Hopefully this will put it to rest finally.

Yeah I think they just don't want to look bad and they came out with a retort.

For a second, I thought you were saying they were going to exclusively back HD-DVD.... thread title threw me off a bit.

At any rate, not much of a surprise - I didn't expect them to dump HD-DVD completely... yet. :)

No retailer is going to throw a news conference and announce it. Someone like Toshiba has to be able to save face.

The A35 is already starting to be MIA at BBuy and CCity(just check online). It is slowly beginning, whether people want to believe it or not.

See, all that FUD a week ago, was just that... FUD. :eek:

If we could all commit to being FUD-free it would be such a better world. :D

If there are so many HD-DVD players being sold how come they have yet to get over 35% in hardware sales since XMAS? Just a question seeing as how those HD-DVD players seem to be flying off the shelf! Can the BDA really be moving that many standalones every week?

If there are so many HD-DVD players being sold how come they have yet to get over 35% in hardware sales since XMAS? Just a question seeing as how those HD-DVD players seem to be flying off the shelf! Can the BDA really be moving that many standalones every week?

Of course you're right. They've all been sent back to Toshiba, and everyone who bought them originally have returned them for sony blu-ray players. New customers are avoiding them because the format is dead and buried. Circuit City wants no part of them. That's it! OK? :tux:

Yeah, today's ad prominently featured HD DVD movies, and players. And The $199 A30 was right next to a $400 BD player. For the average user out there, the price point issue strikes me as substantial.

Yeah, today's ad prominently featured HD DVD movies, and players. And The $199 A30 was right next to a $400 BD player. For the average user out there, the price point issue strikes me as substantial.
The retailer who does their ads like this is saying something.... No way Sony can like that placement and I'm sure they'd prefer, if not insist, that BD ads *not* be on the same page as HD-DVD units.