Cleaning off a 942

FunkyBoss

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
Chicagoland, IL
Does anyone know if there is a simple way to completely clear off a 942 (erase shows / schedules / etc) before sending it back? Such as a single command. I see a factory reset option in the system menus, but it doesn't seem to clear off the shows. Just being lazy here and don't want to click through each show etc...

why bother

Does anyone know if there is a simple way to completely clear off a 942 (erase shows / schedules / etc) before sending it back? Such as a single command. I see a factory reset option in the system menus, but it doesn't seem to clear off the shows. Just being lazy here and don't want to click through each show etc...

When E gets the unit they will just pull the HDD and reformat it anyway. On top of that it's not like you have anything in there that they don't already know what you are subbing to. It's just a waste to even clear it off unless you are archiving and you seem to have already gotten whatever you want out of it and just are worried about cleaning it off. Now if there is some other reason it sounds a little bit on the illegal side like E*'s 942 has been hacked or something.

I hooked up our retired 942 to the 2nd ColorStream input on my 34" HD Toshiba monitor and have been watching everything one last time. I may need to invest in a DVD recorder or video capture so I can save off the 2006 Formula One season, though, before cleansing the 942 forever.

Foxbat,

The 06 season is worth saving. I got my 622 the morning of the last race. I ended up video taping the first half, and DVRing the second. Some kind of segway for me the same day the sport transitioned.

A lifelong Tifosi,

Miner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)