Cleveland Browns fire Romeo Crennel

MacDawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
by Mary Kay Cabot
Monday December 29, 2008, 9:52 AM
BEREA -- Browns coach Romeo Crennel was fired this morning.

Team spokesman Bill Bonsiewsicz announced the firing at 9:50.

Crennel was 24-40 in four seasons as Browns head coach. He had been expected to meet with owner Randy Lerner on Monday morning. Lerner is scheduled to meet with the media at 10 a.m.

Good. He was *the* worst gameday coach I've ever seen. Some of his desicions were mind-boggling. I feel somewhat bad for him because Savage threw him under the bus at times this season and he seemed like a genuinely good guy (unlike Butch Davis)

From local Cleveland radio:

A smile came across Lerner's face when told Mangini was now available.

espn reported that cowher turned down 8 million a year to coach the browns. he claims to be happy at cbs and with his lifestyle.

espn reported that cowher turned down 8 million a year to coach the browns. he claims to be happy at cbs and with his lifestyle.

Just heard on the radio that Lerner and Cowher had a face to face meeting over the weekend and Cowher said no.

Just heard on the radio that Lerner and Cowher had a face to face meeting over the weekend and Cowher said no.

Ok, so we fired our best talent evaluator because????

Who the hell does Jammies* have in mind to replace Savage with if it's not Cowher?! Come on Randy!

*Jammies is a reference to Browns fans nickname for team owner Randy Lerner. As a young lad, Randy admitted to wearing Cleveland Browns pajamas. Thus the nickname: "Jammies". :D

Ok, so we fired our best talent evaluator because????

Who the hell does Jammies* have in mind to replace Savage with if it's not Cowher?! Come on Randy!

*Jammies is a reference to Browns fans nickname for team owner Randy Lerner. As a young lad, Randy admitted to wearing Cleveland Browns pajamas. Thus the nickname: "Jammies". :D

this is what I don't get. He still does it after knowing Bill's decision?? maybe they should start chasing scott pioli then.

HD MM;1640797[B said:
]Ok, so we fired our best talent evaluator because????[/B]

If he's your best "talent evaluator", you're in as much trouble as the Lions are.

HD, if you ask me, Cleveland was so decimated by injuries, it wasn't even funny.

I'll give them a pass; IMO, THE biggest disapointments were the Packers and Jaguars, who couldn't even get to .500!

You got a good point Paul. Maybe what we witnessed last year was fools gold. In the end, no matter how many Pro-Bowlers you produce, your only as good as your record.

Sorry Matt, I forgot the smiley tag. Injuries and some truly poor coaching did you guys in more than anything. Next season may be a better barometer for the talent on your team.

HD, if you ask me, Cleveland was so decimated by injuries, it wasn't even funny.

I'll give them a pass; IMO, THE biggest disapointments were the Packers and Jaguars, who couldn't even get to .500!

I rate the Pack as the biggest disappointment of the past season. From the NFC title game to under .500. Aaron Rodgers' numbers were pretty damn good, so he wasn't the problem.

Eh. I refuse to give my Browns any passes. Despite the injuries, they were an embarrassment. Good riddance RAC!

WE WANT CHANGE!

Eh. I refuse to give my Browns any passes. Despite the injuries, they were an embarrassment. Good riddance RAC!

WE WANT CHANGE!

+1. They couldn't have beaten any team yesterday...including the Lions.

Jammies, he's called Jammies....ROTFLMAO.....and you make fun of Steelers fans.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)