Cleveland Ohio area Channel 19 pixelation

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This channel is very weak. I can't normally receive them at all with my OTA setup. They also are unstable on my TW cable. Better than OTA, but still subject to some occasional pixelization and drop-outs. Hopefully they will improve their signal in Feb. when the analog side goes away.

i have D* HD locals in Peoria, IL. I am seeing tons of pixellation on CBS during the Jets game in HD AND SD.

This channel is very weak. I can't normally receive them at all with my OTA setup. They also are unstable on my TW cable. Better than OTA, but still subject to some occasional pixelization and drop-outs. Hopefully they will improve their signal in Feb. when the analog side goes away.

Yeah this gets on your nerve. Will call D* and let them know.

I think what Fayrich is trying to tell you is that the Station Signal is low.
D* cannot do anything about that, you might want to call the channel and speak with the Chief Engineer and ask him about the low power they are running and ask him when they will be addressing it.
Chances are they know about it, but a little push might help.

If he tells you that they ar at Full Power already ask him why you cannot get a good signal on the OTA or thru D* or TW for that matter.

Jimbo

The Bills-Jets game kept getting worse, now the Steelers-Ravens game is fine.

I am still getting it bad. Check out the pictures. Been going on all day.

Attachments

• 1214081739.jpg
    1214081739.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 1214081741.jpg
    1214081741.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 184
I have noticed this too today. I have also seen it happening on Friday night 12/14 during the Frosty the Snowman hour. It seems to be only channel 19 hd having this problem. The picture pixelates and the audio stutters every few minutes.

I have noticed this too today. I have also seen it happening on Friday night 12/14 during the Frosty the Snowman hour. It seems to be only channel 19 hd having this problem. The picture pixelates and the audio stutters every few minutes.

See Post 7.
If you both call, you may get some answers.

Edit: There are several other things you can do as well.
You could CALL now, while it's doing it. 216-771-1943 or (800) 929-0132 (Woio)
I would still suggest calling and talking to them, IF you can get the Chief Engineer thats great, might not get the Chief, but try for him first, It's always good to get to know them.
And/Or email him ... Engineering: Bob Maupin, Chief Engineer

bmaupin@woio.com
Be professional, let him know your watching his network OTA or thru D* and are having issues in both situations.
Explain yourself, see what he has to say.

I would do ALL of the above, IF you cannot talk to him make sure you at least email him.

Jimbo

Last edited:
See Post 7.
If you both call, you may get some answers.

Edit: There are several other things you can do as well.
You could CALL now, while it's doing it. 216-771-1943 or (800) 929-0132 (Woio)
I would still suggest calling and talking to them, IF you can get the Chief Engineer thats great, might not get the Chief, but try for him first, It's always good to get to know them.
And/Or email him ... Engineering: Bob Maupin, Chief Engineer

bmaupin@woio.com
Be professional, let him know your watching his network OTA or thru D* and are having issues in both situations.
Explain yourself, see what he has to say.

I would do ALL of the above, IF you cannot talk to him make sure you at least email him.

Jimbo

Will give them a call. I already emailed Bob Maupin about two hours ago. Good Looking out Jimbo! Thanks

This has to stop. Messin up CSI's!!! LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts