Cold

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I am having a problem with my c band side on my mini bud at night. During the day when its abut 45 degrees out just fine. When its closer to freezing point I lose krbk and 20 percent of pr vi mux and video drags it goes from 72 percent to 55 to 60q yesterday it was nice until night time. I have changed wiring, lnbfs, same thing happens, ku lnbs they are doing just fine. Any ideas?

Being a microBUD, everything will be super critical as there's not much headroom in the signal dept. Shrinkage/expansion of the dish and LNBF supports is all that I can think of.
Even on my steel BUD I do notice, only slightly, a daily up/down in the Q on some channels.

I had a bad LNBF causing me to lose signals at or below freezing.

Danristheman has swapped LNBFs, cables connectors. His challenge still exists. Likely as Fat Air suggests. a microBUD has little or no margin. The smallest change in the atmosphere, dish and feedhorn efficiency will bring the signal below threshold.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I've been quite impressed what Dan has achieved with his minibud dish! About 7 years ago, I had one setup on 91 when FMC was in the clear. I remember not getting the CW channels for four months or so. Then, they popped in sometime in April. The receiver plays a big part also. In two years, I never got a picture of FMC with a Pansat 1500 or Coolsat 5000. However, my Viewsat and CNX boxes had no problem. Time of year/Dish size/Receiver (tuner) all play a part in Mini-Budding.

Catamount

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)