Colorado Voomers

Thanks for the reply, I think I will give them a try, and maybe keep the dish system for a while. Dont you have to sign a one year contract with Voom?

No sir. No commitment other than to try it out. No contract--you don't like it, then you tell them to come and get their stuff. All it costs you is the rental on the STB and whatever programming you choose. Whatever cable they have to install will get left behind as well.

Hi Guys,

Install went great. The only thing I had to remind Scott my installer was the grounding. He had left it off until I reminded him. He told me how he would hook the ground and did so. He said this install was his highest signal @ 62. All I know is no proublems yet, local mapping is great to have for a change. Just hope they get the rest of the programing us Bronco fans need. This ABC thing with their so called parking lot signal will not be good on monday nite Football. I also found out that Channel 9 will be airing three games in HD this year. Kansas City, Raiders, and the Titans. Does anyone know what CBS will be doing?

Important News. Up until yesterday, I was getting reception on channel 7 (ABC), but the picture was terrible. Lots of breakups and sound cut-outs--very frustrating to watch. But now, it is coming in strong!! Channel 7 must have bumped their transmission power up a notch or two. I didn't do anything different, and still have the same antenna. Anybody else notice this??

Thanks Stone Man. I'll have to fine tune the antenna when I get time this week and see if I can pull it in. That would be a very good for Denver if they bump their signal.

The local guy at Radio Shack told me to point the OTA antenna slightly more to the north. The installer had it pointed directly at 295 degrees, which is the direction of the transmitting tower from here. When I pointed it slightly more north, channel 7 came in better. And I still get 2,4,6,9,12, 31.

Here's What AntennaWeb gave me at my location. No help on ABC. I'll got it pointed at around 215 degrees. Someday i'll readjust again just for hell of it. Got to do some work in the yard 1st. :(

* red - uhf KWGN-DT 2.1 WB DENVER CO 226° 31.3 34
* red - uhf KTVD-DT 19 UPN Denver CO 01-05 225° 31.4 19
* red - uhf KPXC-DT 43 PAX Denver CO Awaiting FCC Permit 219° 33.1 43
* red - uhf KCEC-DT 51 UNI DENVER CO Testing 226° 31.3 51
* red - uhf KDVR-DT 31.1 FOX Denver CO 226° 31.5 32
* red - uhf KDEN-DT 29 IND LONGMONT CO 302° 11.2 29
* blue - uhf KBDI-DT 38.1 PBS Broomfield CO 232° 45.0 38
* blue - uhf KTFD-DT 15.1 TFA BOULDER CO 219° 33.2 15
* violet - uhf KWHD-DT 46.1 IND CASTLE ROCK CO 163° 38.5 46
* violet - uhf KRMA-DT 6.1 PBS Denver CO 207° 21.1 18
* violet - uhf KUSA-DT 9.1 NBC Denver CO 207° 21.1 16
* violet - uhf KCNC-DT 4.1 CBS Denver CO 207° 21.1 35

I was just checking antennaweb and i didn't see some of those channels, most notably fox and wb2 here is my listing:

* yellow - uhf KPXC-DT 43 PAX Denver CO Awaiting FCC Permit 240° 14.4 43
* yellow - uhf KRMA-DT 6.1 PBS Denver CO 256° 1.4 18
* yellow - uhf KUSA-DT 9.1 NBC Denver CO 256° 1.4 16
* yellow - uhf KCNC-DT 4.1 CBS Denver CO 256° 1.4 35
* yellow - uhf KDEN-DT 29 IND LONGMONT CO 357° 24.5 29
* green - uhf KMGH-DT 17.1 ABC Denver CO 212° 1.7 17
* green - uhf KRMT-DT 40 DAY DENVER CO Awaiting FCC Permit 222° 16.5 40
* green - uhf KTFD-DT 15.1 TFA BOULDER CO 239° 14.5 15
* blue - uhf KWHD-DT 46.1 IND CASTLE ROCK CO 132° 27.1 46
* blue - uhf KTVD-DT 19 UPN Denver CO 01-05 256° 14.4 19

Is this just a screwup on thier part?

quincy said:
Is this just a screwup on thier part?

Quincy,
Looks like your missing all the channels that I have at 226 degrees. I would say if you are able to pick these up (which by the color codes you show you should) they have a screwup. It looks like they have a link for problems. I'm going to see if they can help me with my ABC aiming.

ABC is on a very low power. You have to be with in a few miles from their studio to receive. It seams people west, southwest, and northwest of the studio have better luck. I am southeast with outdoor antenna and not a blimp. At least we are to get ESPN. Good luck.

I was clearing the wet, heavy snow from the back deck last night. Accidentally fired one load in a full shovel at the back of the dish!!! That knocked it out of alignment, and my reception went away. I was able to move the dish back into alignment, and satellite reception is back to 95, thank goodness. I'll have to get out there today and make sure everything is tight. At one point last night while it was snowing, the best satellite number I could get was 77. Anyone else notice a 20 point drop during snow/rain episodes???

Stone be careful with that snow. I generally have 93-95 signal, but with the rain it did drop to 81.

My Voom was installed over the weekend so i'm happy los was ok and everything. The only strange thing was i didn't get the ota modual but should have that fixed by next week!

just the basic package but i'm thinking of upgrading. Those Movie Channels seem to cary lots of the HD content. Is the avs game on ESPN-HD in HD tonight? that would be the coolest!

Quincy glad to hear you got your voom going. You will find alot of good picture quality movies if you go with the vavavoom. The ESPN site list tonights game but they could apply the blackout rule. Keep our fingers crossed.