Colorado VoOMing... scary billing

mciembro

Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
Longmont, CO
I called to order earlier this month and then my heart sunk when I read the next day that things would be shut down March 31. I waited to see what filtered out of the news as my install appointment drew near.

Last Thursday the installer showed up on time and did a great installation for me, everything as I would expect. Signal strength is 95, and I've really enjoyed the greater variety of HD programming, after only having DirecTV before.

I really got worried upon receipt of my first month's bill yesterday though... I was billed the regular $1 install fee, plus another $199 install fee, PLUS a $250 early termination assessment! That brought my total due to about $518.

Needless to say, I was quite worried when I first saw that statement. I have let them know about it, and hopefully they can correct those errors and get my statement to a more reasonable amount under $60.

Other than the billing error I continue to enjoy the service. Favorite channel is probably Rush HD. I just hope they stick around for the long haul...

Billing Nightmare

Just a few questions; did you call back to add any receivers? Also, did you call in after you ordered to change your programming? If you change your programming after you order, and the change is not done in the correct sequence, then the early term fee automatically kicks in. Sorry, system glitch. If the csr did not pay attention to what they were doing then they may have chosen not only the one dollar install, but the 199.00 install on the same order. This is easy to fix in the system, just call Voom and explain what happened and it will be taken care of. Please don't wait too long to do this since your credit card will be hit if you used it as method of payment.

Yes, there was a change in receiver count. I ordered 2 initially and when the installer came out I was only able to get 1. I think that probably was the cause of the billing oddity.

Thanks for the welcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)