Comcast door to door sales

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
So Friday I get this Comcast Winback Rep that shows up at my door and he's trying to sell me on a triple play. I'm like well I'm still with Dish . He says " oh, well if you wanted just internet I have 75 meg speed but in order to get that you have to add on a digital box. " so I pull up 150 meg speed for $60 internet only so he said he could match that. Then he says " if you wanted tv also , i can throw in a $200 gift card . Then he proceeds to tell me it's better if I get 3 dvr's with X1 as it will be cheaper than if I got 2. So I say " why would I need 3 of them ? I would only need one. " So when I say I'd think about it he says " you can add internet now, and when you want to add tv I can reset the promotion terms but I have to add $15 to your bill"

Mind you he's only been with Comcast for 3 months. So the questions are do you really need 3 dvr's with X1? Why would he need to add an additional $15 to my bill if I added tv later? I told him the biggest problem I had before was the installer came out and supposedly hooked up my wifi on the outside since I have my own modem/router but he didn't so I called and had to wait 5 days for someone to come out. By that time someone showed up, I told him I was already hooked up thanks to a guy that helped on a forum. He was all puzzled and said "we don't have the customers do self install anymore "

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
So Friday I get this Comcast Winback Rep that shows up at my door and he's trying to sell me on a triple play. I'm like well I'm still with Dish . He says " oh, well if you wanted just internet I have 75 meg speed but in order to get that you have to add on a digital box. " so I pull up 150 meg speed for $60 internet only so he said he could match that. Then he says " if you wanted tv also , i can throw in a $200 gift card . Then he proceeds to tell me it's better if I get 3 dvr's with X1 as it will be cheaper than if I got 2. So I say " why would I need 3 of them ? I would only need one. " So when I say I'd think about it he says " you can add internet now, and when you want to add tv I can reset the promotion terms but I have to add $15 to your bill"

Mind you he's only been with Comcast for 3 months. So the questions are do you really need 3 dvr's with X1? Why would he need to add an additional $15 to my bill if I added tv later? I told him the biggest problem I had before was the installer came out and supposedly hooked up my wifi on the outside since I have my own modem/router but he didn't so I called and had to wait 5 days for someone to come out. By that time someone showed up, I told him I was already hooked up thanks to a guy that helped on a forum. He was all puzzled and said "we don't have the customers do self install anymore "

This won't answer everything, but here in NW Georgia, even with the X1 DVR now, it has up to 6 shows it can record, PLUS now has Cloud capability. The rep I spoke with last week confirmed this was available in my area, so why you would need 3 DVR's is either totally absurd, or he was wanting a big commision, or he just didn't know any better

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
This won't answer everything, but here in NW Georgia, even with the X1 DVR now, it has up to 6 shows it can record, PLUS now has Cloud capability. The rep I spoke with last week confirmed this was available in my area, so why you would need 3 DVR's is either totally absurd, or he was wanting a big commision, or he just didn't know any better

I kept saying no you mean an X1 dvr and hd box and he kept saying no 3 dvr's bc it's cheaper . Right there is when I said ok and didn't ask to signup since I know he was full of it. My brother has Comcast and has an X1 And hd receiver. He doesn't have 3 dvr's.

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)