[COMCAST] Networking Moto 6412?

Chris Freeland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Collegedale, TN
I was checking out the Moto web site today and noticed that the Moto 6412 DVR was capable of networking with their 2500 STB. According to the site, you can access the hard drive of a 6412 by a connected 2500 STB. Anyone here done this? Does Comcast support this feature?

nsafreak said:
Last I heard the ethernet interface on the 6412 was not currently active. Hopefully they activate it on the 6412 & 3412 sometime soon.

From what I goatherd on the Moto website that the networking feature worked through the coax if your house is completely wired. When the standard STB's are connected through the whole hose network, they basically become extra tuners and outputs for the DVR, every TV in your house with a STB can then access the hard drive of a single DVR and have the same selection of recorded content and work all the DVR functions. Pretty neat stuff if Comcast would support this and no need to add more then 1 DVR on your account. If you need more hard drive space, just connect an external hd via usb, the Ethernet interface would be used to connect your PC to the network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)