comcast offer for dish network customer

hphsu

Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
A comcast sale came to my house and offer me Digital Silver for only 39.99 for 12 months, no contract. He said it's dish buy back program. I am thinking about switch to concast and take the offer. The only think I don't like is that I lost my dish DVR 510 which I like..

I like to get your opinion in this offer? Will you jump to comcast for this offer? Do you know what kind of DVR comcast offer??

Comcast and Time Warner just bought adelphia...They're going to re-structure who serves where. If comcast in your area is going to switch to Time Warner, like they are here, I'd say stay away. If it'll be comcast for the next 12 months, and you can't stand your dish, go for it...

My comcast is switching to TWC in feb/march, so i'm not dealing with that. Dish is fine for now...

Purogamer said:
Comcast and Time Warner just bought adelphia...They're going to re-structure who serves where. If comcast in your area is going to switch to Time Warner, like they are here, I'd say stay away. If it'll be comcast for the next 12 months, and you can't stand your dish, go for it...

My comcast is switching to TWC in feb/march, so i'm not dealing with that. Dish is fine for now...

Comcast is a rip-off. After your promotions are up you will be raped for the full amount.

hphsu - I say go for it. I did. I'm as happy as a clam. (are clams happy?)
The Comcast 6412 HD DVR is outstanding. It's also FREE. (Dish charges $250 for the priviledge of leasing theirs, and doesn't even offer it to existing subs!!!)

You should double check the channel offerings in your area, though, as each Comcast area is different, especially when it comes to HD.

If their lineup is to your linking. DO IT! You can always switch back to Dish (or DirecTV) if you don't like it. The great thing about Cable is there are no term commitments.

You'll love the OnDemand, as well. There is always something to watch, and most of it is FREE.

If you want a dvr and hdtv you will have to pay $9.95 more a month. Do you get any premium channels with that price. I just signed up as a new customer with comcast who left dish and I got (2) hdtv dvr's silver package with all HBO channels for $49.95 a month. I realize the picture may not be as good as satellite but that is okay. I would have not needed the dvr's but my wife and kids are spoiled. When my year is up I will re-evaluate comcast and lower some of my subscription. Brad

My local cable company tried to do the same thing but offerred me all the channels they have for $29.95 for a year if I give up my dish equipment. The real question to ask is how much will it cost you after the offer expires, believe me you'll wish you had your equipment back.

hphsu said:
A comcast sale came to my house and offer me Digital Silver for only 39.99 for 12 months, no contract. He said it's dish buy back program. I am thinking about switch to concast and take the offer. The only think I don't like is that I lost my dish DVR 510 which I like..

I like to get your opinion in this offer? Will you jump to comcast for this offer? Do you know what kind of DVR comcast offer??
To illustrate how competetive Comcast is their offer in the Dallas market is $29.99/Mo. for 12 months including HBO and Showtime. I believe the fine print in the ad states the price will go up to $87 after the 1 yr.is up. Looks like Comcrap may change their offer depending on the market where satellite is a National offer. :sorry:

jergenf said:
My local cable company tried to do the same thing but offerred me all the channels they have for $29.95 for a year if I give up my dish equipment. The real question to ask is how much will it cost you after the offer expires, believe me you'll wish you had your equipment back.
AFAIK, Comcast doesn't require any dbs equipment, only a copy of a dbs bill, and they didn't even ask for that when mine was installed. They can't expect you to hand over leased equipment.

i am a comcast csr, 1 you don't have to hand your equipment over just your bill tell them its leased, yes after the year the product with revert to its original price of 84.95 give or take a few dollars depending where you live. you can get a dvr it will cost you 9 dollars more a month keep in mind you can only record 40 hours of STD. Frankly i love the company i work for but i have dish i am giving you advice stay with dish the only thing i use comcast for is my Internet and that sucks. if you have any questions about ccast pm me or post here and i can give you answers but leave something that is working alone. don't let price be the only deciding factor.

40 hrs? Which model do they use in your area? It's 100 hrs of SD in my area with the Moto 6412. It's also zero upfront cost vs. Charlie's $250 to lease a 942. And, the $9.95 month is for HD and DVR fees, which is $15 per month with Dish.

I realize you like Dish, despite being a Comcast CSR. But, let's try and be a little more accurate with our advice. (Of course, there are some differences with Comcast pricing and channel offerings from area to area, especially for HD. That's why I suggested he double-check his first.)

And, get that caps key fixed. You're not 14. (I assume Comcast doesn't hire 14 year-old to work as CSR's.)

Why do the cable companies even want your old dish anyways? I've never understood that, what could they possibly do with it...

Purogamer said:
Why do the cable companies even want your old dish anyways? I've never understood that, what could they possibly do with it...

Make it more difficult to switch back to sat...

Not always commitment free...

GaryPen said:
The great thing about Cable is there are no term commitments.

For cable internet, Comcast offered me a 'contract'..one year for 29.99/mo not to go with SBC. I hope they make me the same offer next year.

I continue to be a Dish subscriber after 7 years.

GaryPen said:
AFAIK, Comcast doesn't require any dbs equipment, only a copy of a dbs bill, and they didn't even ask for that when mine was installed. They can't expect you to hand over leased equipment.
Time Warner is the cable company in my town and they don't like seeing satellite dishes on anyones roof. Those that have dishes will certainly attract high pressure sales persons that will to agree to anything. I think they see it as negative advertising.

Ever since comcast "re-wired" the town for digital, i've been getting comcast ads twice a week in the mail...SO annoying...

I guess the best way to get new customers is to blungeon them with spam...er...

Purogamer said:
Ever since comcast "re-wired" the town for digital, i've been getting comcast ads twice a week in the mail...SO annoying...

I guess the best way to get new customers is to blungeon them with spam...er...

Yeah I've been getting those as well... straight to the shredder they go.. What a waste of money in advertising.

I posted in one of the other threads how I got scr**ed by the buyback program. Which is why they wont ever see another cent from me.

After looking at those ads every week for a few weeks I finally realized that I could get my local channels in HD for $20/month. Something Dish cannot do even though I pay them probably close to $100/month.
I signed up for the Comcast basic with an HD box, the Motorola 6200 for a total of $20.19/month and now am enjoying all the local broadcasts in HD. The preseason football game last night on FOX (channel 2 here) was excellant.

I still have Dish for everything else but really love the signal quality of the locals in HD from Comcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts