[COMCAST] Random, funny Comcastic moment

CharredPC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 21, 2005
Lakebay, WA
I recently moved back into my old 3-bedroom mobile home, after being away from it for 3 months or so. One of my neighbors has always been a bit of an odd duck, and now the neighbor on the other side moved out, and a (few?) large ethnic family(s) moved in.

I was in the backyard, tuning up my old G10R satellite setup, and noticed a peculiar, new-looking length of coaxial cable running right across my backyard. Following it, I saw one end going into a jimmied cable utility box (neighbor to the east), going over to the window of my western neighbor. Hrmmmmmm....

So, I called Comcast. They seemed shocked; not at the cable theft, but that I wasn't a customer, and bothered to report it. I agreed not to cut it (as was my first impulse... well, c'mon, it's running across my yard!) so they could nab these guys. Wondering how long it'll take before someone comes out to look at it.. ;-)

For me it wouldn't have anything to do with honesty. I wouldn't want a coax cable running thru my yard, period! Yikes, just think what the lawn mower would do to it!!!

-John

No one's come out to look at it yet.... and coax cable still there. This could turn into quite an interesting guage on how quickly Comcast responds to cable theft :)

Still no sign of Comcast.

Thinking I may have to call them up and ask if they'd like me to take care of cutting the illegal service. Seeing as they're too busy, or something...

They came, finally, yesterday, while I wasn't home. The angry drunks next door ranted and swore and acted rather irate. You'd think they just had their illegal service cut, or something... I know I had to threaten calling the police to make them back off my porch. Altogether now! "Awwwwwwwww......"

*snicker* No more cable across my yard, anyway.

CharredPC said:
*snicker* No more cable across my yard, anyway.

That's the important part! So, it was about 3 business days between notifying Comcast and them actually coming out there. That seems pretty quick for a big company.

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts