Comcast Sports Net Chicago

goaliebob99 said:
Yesterday, 08:19 PM
TNGTony

4 new channels uplinked today but not yet available to subscribers.

409 Comcast Sports Net West (Sacramento) at 110
429 Comcast Sports Net Chicago at 119
9465 HD Events 1 at 110
9466 HD Events 2 at 110

Looks like the two HD channels share space with HD PPV meaning that only two of the three would work at any one time.

See ya
Tony
Just note that CSTV has been in "testing" mode for almost two months, and still isn't available to subs. YES Network was also uplinked at one point for a few months. Just don't get your hopes up too far just yet ...

Has anyone actually called DISH to find out what they say about this channel? All this speculation is one thing but I would rather just hear it from them.

someone got a reply that said they expect it to be on in a week, so Dish is talking about it...

it would make sense if it were the same as always. AT60+ for regional folks and likely also in Sports Back but all pro sports and prohibited out of market games blacked out.

Well. Sacramento has a similar fight. Watching the retailer channel offered NO help or negotiation update. NBA LP is in Free Preview week and both D* and Dish carried the first Sacramento @ Dallas game, which was a Comcast exclusive. I don't know if any games after this week will be carried by either DTH, especially after hearing the retailer channel. It'd be a shame to see Comcast have exclusive coverage, and on top of that force a customer to buy into FULL BASIC to see their local team. My only suggestion is to sub to LP and cheer for a different team. Choosing satellite over cable really fits the story. You wont subject yourself to the local head-end, so you choose the one in the sky from a head-end somewhere else.

Help?!?

This is really pissing me off now, there is a game on tonight again and I won't be able to see it...sucks. Is the League Pass still running a free trial?

Good question. Comcast is saying the deal is done. Dish Network sent out a fax to retailers saying they expect the channel to launch before April 2005 :eek: But the channel is already on the dish satellite and the feed has been used in NBA-LP so I have no clue what would be holding the release to subs would be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)