Component out on Geosatpro STB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I been out of the game for a while but I have a quick question, do any of the geosatpro STBs (I know the micro does not) have a component output?

oops My bad then, I should have looked. :rolleyes:

To anyone that has experience wth this box, would you say it's as good as the micro? I had a micro in the day but sold it a couple years ago so I am familiar with its phenomenal operation.

It was developed for GloryStar. It uses a different chipset than the microHD. There was an initial FTA firmware with discussion of future development but the company was sold and the FTA firmware project was shelved and then the HDVR3500 came out and it hasn't been that good.

I would get another micro, and get an adapter if you must have component out. Like Magic said full fta firmware never got finished being developed.
The last I had mine hooked up I remember I didn't like the way it displayed SD channels.

I would go with a microHD and use a HDMI to Component converter.

The 1200 uses the same Novatek chipset as several other STBs. The Novatek deinterlace process for SD 480i (576i) to progressive output is not as nice looking as the ALI and ST chipsets. Contrast hard edges have creepy crawlies and a bit of moire. The progressive HD looks great on Novatek, but since so much programming is still interlace 480i/576i standard definition, you want good deinterlace conversion.

Edit: KE4EST beat me to the post....

For what it's worth, I'm still using my microHD as my main receiver. Although it doesn't blind scan very quickly, and can sometimes miss a feed or two, I just find its menus very intuitive and user friendly. I used the RCA component output for my older TV, but of course have the HDMI connection to my new flat screen. I don't plan on replacing it anytime soon.

I use the microHD as my daily prime time DVR time shift for both the ABC and NBC feeds. It is the only STB that reliably records day in and day out without fail.

The HDMI output feeds a Slingbox then 1/2 mile point to point bridge from the office to the house for viewing.

The CBS and misc. program feeds are DVR'd on an A3 and a PC then played out raw via the point to point bridge for decoding the 4:2:2 for viewing on the home PC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)