Coneection Loss bad. cannot watch either Hopper for more then 30 minutes.

lmulrich

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 28, 2012
United States
i have 2 hoppers and 1 joey

i havent been able to watch dish at all on any sateliite 110 119 or 129. i keep getting error 011a or 015. i have reset all the boxes and checked connections and they seem tight. maybe need a tech to come see if the roof is tight and in alignment again

frustrated GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

My Hopper did the same thing. It said it was switching to the SD channel, because the HD channel was not available. I ran thru the channels and could only get the spotbeam channels(my locals). It also could not switch to the sd version, since they were not available either. I did a switch check and cleared things upor the sats cleared themselves up.

i have 2 hoppers and 1 joey

i havent been able to watch dish at all on any sateliite 110 119 or 129. i keep getting error 011a or 015. i have reset all the boxes and checked connections and they seem tight. maybe need a tech to come see if the roof is tight and in alignment again.

Also Hopper #1 is shutting down at random times cutting out recordings and viewing

frustrated GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

mine is not a system wide problem its been going on for four days now. I need someone to come out to see if my dish needs realigned please.
You have duplicated this post this morning a moderator needs to combine/lock one of these duplicates.
Have you called DISH for a service call? Satellite guys is not part of DISH posting here is not going to set up a service call.

This an all of a sudden thing? You mention - alignment again...what does that mean? Did you just have someone align it a while ago?

Also is this on both hoppers you are having this problem and can you perhaps navigate to the signal screen and tell me what is 119/trans16 ... 110/trans25 and 129/trans23 and 20?

i have had dish since 2006 and every 2-4 months the signals pop in and out. they send a digital dish guy out the bolts that hold the dish on the tripod are loose making it rock a little in the wind making it lose alignment. i think once it was misplaced all together. but it get worse and worse i call it in they come out and check and fix it we good for a while. it gets quite windy. we live on the edge of a bowl so its a little windier here then other parts of the city.

119 - ave 76 ish on both boxes ( never noticed at 0 but at times it goes out when watching )
110 76 bounces to 0 ( been doing this every time ive checked.)
129 50-45 bounces to 0 but not as often as 110.

If the dish antenna keeps coming loose every few months I think you need to find a better place to mount it. No way that thing should keep coming loose regardless of wind.

119 - ave 76 ish on both boxes ( never noticed at 0 but at times it goes out when watching )
110 76 bounces to 0 ( been doing this every time ive checked.)
129 50-45 bounces to 0 but not as often as 110.

ok you have something wrong in the line then, if the dish is out of alignment it will stick to one number not move from 70's to 0 like that unless its just flapping in the wind.

You need to trace back the lines and check each connection for any type of water damage for example (corrosion) also look for hard bends that may have caused a problem.

Threads have been merged. No need in starting multiple threads on the same problem. I would suggest you look for a DIRT member(Listed in Red) and send them a PM. ;)

Reactions: KAB

SEC Network Launching Aug. 14th

211k with EHD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts