Confused about registration

Bigjohnjr

Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
I purchased timetrax last year, I have been using 3.4 and I have had no real problems.

I downloaded the new software, timetrax recast. I install it, when I install it I get the message that it wants to remove the old version. I let it uninstall and the install the new version.

After rebooting I get the message that I have 18 days left, yet when I click help about I get the message that it is fully reged.

Do I have to pay for it again?

Nobody knows?

All I asked is that since I pruchased timetrax in the past do I have to purchase it again?

Timetraxs says that I have a valid registration number yet my service agrement will expire in 18 days.

I have purchased shareware software before and always gotten lifetime upgrades. I guess Timetrax is different.

So I paid 29.99 for 3.2 and now I have to pay 44.99 Timetrax recast.

Is this right? or I am wrong?

Let me know.

Your software will not stop working and we are not asking you to repurchase a full version of Recast.

The service agreement warning will no do anything in 18 days.

Please ignore the message and continue to use Recast.

We will have an anouncement about how this will work shortly.

Derek

dserianni said:
Your software will not stop working and we are not asking you to repurchase a full version of Recast.

The service agreement warning will no do anything in 18 days.

Please ignore the message and continue to use Recast.

We will have an anouncement about how this will work shortly.

Derek

Yeah - can't wait for this announcement and I am going to be disappointed if it makes ANY of the now deleted conversations turn out true. :mad:

Service Agreement Message - AGAIN

I'm getting the dreaded service agreement message again. :mad:

Attachments

• Service Agreement Error.JPG
    Service Agreement Error.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 187
I would strongly suggst you open a support ticket.

Its my understanding -- that if you purcahsed TIME TRAX when it was JUST TIME TRAX it was a lifetime of upgrades and so on.

If you purchase Time Trax Recast - then - you are paying for software thats runs forever, but, no updates after the first year.

I dunno.

Do you need to renew your subscription?

Deleted?:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=434638&postcount=6

It is already posted to our website that the software license includes support and upgrades from one year. Beginning with purchases on Jan 1, 2006 we are going to start to officially recognize this policy.

Any current users will continue on the terms that were in place when they originally made their purchase. We are honoring Original TimeTrax licenses as TimeTrax Recast licenses.

For folks that are on the plan with expiration, the software will NOT stop working when it expires. It will only effect upgrades (not patches) and support. Without an active subscription users will not be able to do a licensed upgrade and they will not have unlimited access to tech support.

We are working on more details to post on our site. It would help to know what questions pop-up so I can be sure to incorporate them into the info on the website. Please post them here.

David K.
Time Trax Customer Service

And another:

In October 2004, if you purchased a license to 'TimeTrax', it included indefinite upgrades. We are honoring the original licenses as Recast licenses and it will include continuing free upgrades to Recast.

Based on this information, there is no one that needs to working about renewals until December 2006 at the earliest. I don't know why we can't seem to roll the darn expiration dates ahead properly, but rest assured, they will be corrected.

David K.
Time Trax

Klaus said:
I'm getting the dreaded service agreement message again. :mad:

Just to expand on what David had to say, Klaus... I have gone ahead and updated your record.

The message should no longer affect you.

If it does let me know in the ticket you opened.

Thanks

Derek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)