Status
Not open for further replies.

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Will obviously have to be local pickup only. Please let me know if selling live animals here is not allowed. Asking $550. Rather than repost the details,
here's my CL listing. http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/for/4070975152.html Her name is Bella.
Bottom line is we're looking for a good caring home. We no longer have the time to spend with her. Her front feathers are growing back in nicely.
I do have someone "very" interested in my ad, but only email / phone conversations for now. If he does stop by, I'll remove.
Anyone looking will see you're basically getting the bird for very little $$. Large cage, food, toys, stand would probably set you back $400. I paid close to $1400 for her.
Congos are more or less a one person bird. At least in our home. My wife takes her out and plays with her. No issues. She bites me if I try.
Here's a video from 2011. Ignore the duct tape :). She mastered escape threw the side doors. That was a temp solution. Added washers and tightened down the side doors. No more escapes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h083BQ-GiiI If you listen closely ~7mins, I tried teaching her the Cops theme. "Bad Bird, Bad bird..."

Nice bird! I'll confirm the price is below market.
I always wanted a Macaw however the GF said it was either the bird or her.

Cheers, K

PS- The way the classifieds are going, I wouldnt be surprised if Bob or Don's significant others put them up for sale soon.

Nice bird! I'll confirm the price is below market.
I always wanted a Macaw however the GF said it was either the bird or her.

Cheers, K

PS- The way the classifieds are going, I wouldnt be surprised if Bob or Don's significant others put them up for sale soon.

So, how are you and the bird getting along :)

Couldn't resist

Did I miss a good classified ad? I checked with my buddy I've known for many years at my local petshop. For everything, that's about the going price around here. Too many people try to get close to what they paid. Very unrealistic, IMO. Not so much the money. Wife and I want her to go to a good home where she'll be well cared for. Someone did ask me if I'd trade for a Cockatoo! Ah no! No time for mine. Bird swap won't change that.

It might be part of the culture in these parts, but a lot of people here try to profit over anything and everything. Puppy mills are a major problem (poor animals in deplorable conditions), folks selling their pets for profit.... quite disgusting actually.

I applaud you for trying to find a good home for the bird first and foremost.

Cheers, K

A few years ago, a colleague of mine who's always trying to make a quick buck, was given a female lovebird to go along his male lovebird. They humped and humped all day long, and Serge was rubbing his hands already spending the money in his head. After a month with no eggs, he brought the birds to the vet.
Next day, disappointed, he told me with a thick french accent, "finally Jim, I had two cocksuckers".

My wife's joke is if it isn't nailed down, I try and sell it. Obviously not the case here with the bird, but I hate clutter. Something sitting in the house that hasn't been used in a very long time, and I know it'll never get used? Time to get rid of it. Yard sale, CL , donating clothing to family members or Big Brother Big Sister are my usual avenues.

Our region is allowed 1 yard sale per year (3rd weekend in may). Forgot about driving, its mad choas.. ive seen buses get stuck. people parking in the middle of the street... I stay home.

Our region is allowed 1 yard sale per year (3rd weekend in may). Forgot about driving, its mad choas.. ive seen buses get stuck. people parking in the middle of the street... I stay home.

Your region?

Good Price on that bird.

*Sold* Someone stopped by on Thursday to take a look. Picked up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)