Connect Panasonic DMR-ES40V to HD cable box

joev

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 21, 2006
I have I/O digital from cablevision and am having a problem connecting my Panasonic VHS/DVD recorder player model ES40V. I can play tapes but the remote for the Panasonic does not allow channel change using the channel button. I can change channels by using the keypad (eg. 070). Can someone tell me if this box can be used with I/O digital and if so, how I can connect it so I can set it to schedule the recording of a particular channel. Currently when I put the TV on and go to channel 3, use video 1 and try to use the schedule program on the ES40V it doesn't work. Any help is appreciated. I am currently at a stand still and would like to be able to use this Panasonic. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

P.S. If there is an incompatability between the I/O cable box and the Panasonic recorder/player can someone recommend a product that would work. I would go DVR but I would like to avoid paying the additional $10 a month for this recorder.

Jf your dvd recorder has a tuner you can get a splitter and use it using one to go to cable box andthe other to the dvd recorder.After Steve was so helpful to me in here I got my dvd/vhs recorder hooked up and everything is greatI purchased one of those RCA multi hook up units to use with my set up..It was so simple after he explained everything.If this is not the answer you are looking for there are lots of smart folks in this forum that can help.:eureka overtimeman

Thanks for your response. I am having problems scheduling a program. The channel button does not work properly so my gut feel is I must have a connection wrong. I can use the vcr/dvd player/recorder as a tuner but have to manually code in the channel (eg. 070) as when I hit the channel up/down button I see In1, IN2 or DV. If anyone else can perhaps shed some light on this problem it is appreciated. I love HD but would sure like to be able to record to VHS tape or DVD. HELP!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts