connect to a lan computer from an ipad?

manteca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
hi! i'm trying to reach a computer from an ipad. the computer keeps a web page that i like to check daily. the problem is that the computer is behind a double wan router and the wireless section is from the modems that connects to the double wan router. maybe a route will work? here is a simple diagram of what i have, how i can make a route using those ips? thanks!

ipad1.jpg

The 192.168.2.1 router would have to have port forwarding enabled if you want to use RDP (remote desktop port 3389). If it is HTTP port 80 or 443 for HTTPS.

thanks for your reply! sorry, but my previous post didn't include that i like to manage the router from the ipad too. how i can access the router at 192.168.2.1 from the ipad connected to 192.168.0.1 wireless connection? i'm going to open the ports you mentioned.

I've got a similar situation & from the best I can tell setting up a vpn will give full network access. I haven't done it yet, it's on my to do list so can't say for certain.

thanks for your reply! sorry, but my previous post didn't include that i like to manage the router from the ipad too. how i can access the router at 192.168.2.1 from the ipad connected to 192.168.0.1 wireless connection? i'm going to open the ports you mentioned.

If you are using remote desktop to the PC, you can then use the PC to talk to the 192.168.2.1 router from the "LAN" side.

BTW Microsoft put out an RDP app for the iPad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts