Connecting a Duel DVD/VCR Recorder to Receiver

winesmile

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
I have a Marantz SR7400 Receiver and I'm replacing an old VCR with a Toshiba D-VR650 - one of those duel units.

I'm assuming the VCR side of the recorder will connect to the VCR in/out of the amp as usual.

My concern is how do I connect to DVD in/out so that I can record what's saved to my Directv HR20?

Should I come out of say the S-Vid out of the sat receiver into the DVD in on the aud rec.?

Not sure about the 650, but I've got D-VR600 and on my unit the inputs are shared between VCR and DVD-recorder. You have to select which one is used for recording with the remote.

Here is how I connect it:
Take the video (or even better, s-video if you have it) output from your satellite receiver, and connect it to the recorder. Connect the audio (analog) cables too. Take the digital audio output (coaxial or optical) and connect it to your A/V receiver. Take component (or HDMI) video output directly to your TV set, or, if you prefer, to your A/V receiver. The unit also has a second set of outputs (with different priority), but I don't use it.

By the way, one pleasant surprise with my D-VR600: it plays foreign PAL DVDs, even though the manual states that it can only play NTSC. :up

Unusual RCA TV HD Connection (RS-232)

? on fine tuning TV settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts