Status
Please reply by conversation.

robosat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
North of Mexico
Hi guys...

I've just received my new Actuator, and I'm connecting the Power and Sensor wires to the Actuator Controller just as the included guide says. Both work togheter all right... But there's a simple detail I would like to fix. The Actuator push/pull the 2.4m Dish form its left side (seeing Dish from behind. There's no attachment arm for the Actuator in the right side of Dish), and when I push the WEST button in the controller, the Dish moves to the EAST, and viceversa. What if I change the two power wires between Controller and Actuator one to the another's wire place? Would it correct the East-West movement? (Controller is a DisEq VBox7)
Thanks for your comments...

Inverting Cables fixed problem

Thanks migold. What you suggested was correct. I just inverted polarity in power cables and ... Voilá !

I am Hijacking this thread because I have the same situation but before to apply this solution to my system I have these questions..Probably is simple but I dont like to smell something is Burn:eek:.lol
The two wires that I need to “reverse the polarity ” to change the direction of movement of my actuator is the motor wires ..right?
Not sensor wires..Right?
This change of polarity (black(-), red(+) ) I need to change in the Actuator controller and also on the back of the Vbox controller.. Yes or Not??:confused:
Or just one of these
Example into the actuator “Motor” controller I have Red(+) (+) Red….and Black (-) (-) Black. But in tha back of the Vbox I need to put Red(+)(-) Black. This means “Reverse”... right?
Thanks ins advance;)

Last edited:
The two wires that I need to “reverse the polarity ” to change the direction of movement of my actuator is the motor wires ..right?
Yes. You only reverse at 1 Location - either the V/GBox or the Motor - not both

Skinny wires are for Sensor
Thick wires are for Motor
Do not mix up your connections

I'm not sure this applies to what I'm is going on with my DMS box. This box only goes one way meaning, if it's moving west and went tring to change directions it gives me an error message (E2)

I have check the wiring and can find a problem with it. I have an older box (V-Box) and using the same setup it works just fine. The DMS box is a month old.

Something on the dish is most likely binding up when you try to move east. Make sure with the actuator taken loose that the dish moves freely back and forth. Also while you have the arm disconnected from the dish make sure the actuator moves in and out with no error. If the dish moves freely but with the actuator arm disconnected you still get an error, there is a problem with the actuator. If all works but then you get the error again after re-connecting everything the actuator is not installed properly and is binding up somehow.

Thanks for your inputs. I haven't been able to do much of anything. I have a 21 months old granddaughter to take care of. It looks like it would Saturday before I can check this out.

I have a bad feeling about the relay either way I will post my finding this coming weekend. This unit is only 1 1/2 month old so I should be able to sent it back to the dealer and get a replaced

It doesn't look like this box is going to work. I guess I 've better get a RA from Hypermegasat and ship this baby back. Bummer!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar