Connecting RF MOD to 311 Box for DVD player~HELP PLEASE!

buffee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Can someone explain to me in LAYMEN'S TERMS. How to connect my Radio Shack RF Modulator to the Dish 311 receiver? My other tv's have RCA jacks all over the place, but the smaller tv in the exercise room is a 27 year old CURTIS MAThIS 22 inch(believe it or not the picture is BRILLIANT~after 27 years still an amazing tv) anyway I would love to watch dvd's and since I have 7 DVD players, why not hook a 5th up(LOL). The 311 box is on eye level and very easy to get to as with the tv....I just need to know what/where everything goes. RCA Mod box #09A00.. it has the yellow red & white jacks in the back with OHMS with a witch you can set on 75 or 1K(have no idea what this is) ANT IN connector, TO TV connector and a switch to set it to channel 3 or 4.
Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks:help:

Composite jacks from dvd player to the rf modulator. Coax from rf out to the antenna in on the 301. 301 connected to tv as it is now. When 301 shut off, dvd should be able to pass thru the receiver to the tv.

Ok so I still need to use my RF modualtor box? the person before u said the 301 has it built in. I want to make sure I have your instructions correct. thank you!

You do not need the RF modulator for your 311. If I understand garys's and your comments, you DO need it for your DVD player. So, once you convert the A/V outputs of your DVD player to RF, you feed it to the passthrough input of the 311. So, when the 311 is on, it's internal RF modulator is feeding your TV. When the 311 is off, then whatever is coming from the external RF modulator (the DVD player) would be seen instead.

Ok so I still need to use my RF modualtor box? the person before u said the 301 has it built in. I want to make sure I have your instructions correct. thank you!

Previous poster assumed you wanted the rf modulator connect to the 311 (sorry, he used 301 and I carried it forward) which has composite (rca) and rf outputs. I believed your problem was with the dvd player, most do not have rf outputs. The modulator needs to be connected after the dvd player (rca from player to the ins on the rf box) via coax to the antenna in of the 311. The 311 antenna out (probably already connected) to the tv (which usually only has the one rf input). Also, on the box, set the channel output to match that of the 311 so you would not need to change the channel on the tv when switching between the 311 and the dvd player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)